flirt | neito monoma fluff

prompt: Neito relentlessly flirts with (Y/n) Bakugo

warning: strong lagnauge

word count: 523

.・-: ✧ :- second-person point of view -: ✧ :-・.

As a student f UA High, a typical day consisted of: getting up far too early, training mercilessly, all the while being trapped with a handful of kids whose personalities clash like metal blades for six hours.

"Move," An oh-so-familiar voice ordered. You scooted to the side, allowing room for your brother to slam his lunch tray down onto the table. He threw himself next to you with a grumble. Everyone knew Katisuk was less than agreeable. But there was one individual who had the talent of grinding his gears unlike any other. 

"Why hello, lovely, (Y/n)," A certain blond class 1-B student purred with a grin. "What's an angel such as yourself flying so close to the ground for?" You felt the skin on your face exploded in a flash of heat. His perpetual flirtatious words had quite the effect on you.

"The hell do you want, fuck-rag?" Katsuki barked in response, clenching his always-ready fists.

"I simply wished to bless myself by being in the presence of the most beautiful young woman on campus," Monoma still grinned, not faltering at your brother's brash insult. The attention Monoma showed you triggered some protective urge in Katsuki.

"You can piss off, inbreeder!" Katsuki snarled, almost activating his quirk. You reached out an arm to prevent him from lunging at Monoma violently. While your efforts were fixated on Katsuki, Monoma reached out to gently grasp your unoccupied hand. You suddenly felt his lips press against the back of his palm. With a swift wink, the boy disappeared. You had become resolved, despite your brother's clear distaste, you were going to tell Monoma you had fallen for him.

"Hey!" You called out. It was relatively easy to grab Monoma's attention as you both left the school building. He turned to you and smiled, waiting for you to catch up with him.

"Did you need something, love?" Monoma asked. You cleared your throat nervously.

"I just... I wanted to tell you something th-that's been on my mind for a while now," You admitted, inhaling a deep breath. You had gotten yourself into this pickle rather impulsively, truly. You had not thought much about what you were going to say once you reached this point.

"Oh?" Monoma curiously cocked his head. "What's been swimming in that wonderful head of yours?"

"I have a crush on you," You blurted out, thinking it best to just get it out all at once. "And I get it if you don't feel the same, I just--" Monoma cut you off, with a small laugh,

"What on earth would give you the impression that I'm not infatuated with you?" Monoma asked, gently reaching out and tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear. "I've been pursuing you for months!"

"O-Oh..." You muttered, then chuckled nervously. "I thought you were only flirting with me to make Katsuki angry."

"That was merely an added bonus," Monoma remarked with a shrug. "I genuinely meant everything I said to you, (Y/n)."

"Well, in that case... " You cleared your throat. "Would you want to go out on a date with me?" Monoma leaned forward and kissed your cheek.

"I would love to, it would be an honor, my lady."