the pool | izuku midoriya fluff [female-reader request]

Prompt: (Y/n) doesn't know how to swim, but luckily Deku is here to save the day when she's thrown into the pool

Warning: (Y/n) almost dies lol

Word count: 686

.・-: ✧ :- Second Person Point of View -: ✧ :-・.

"Irony" would be the best word to describe your situation in life. With a water-base quirk and a dramatic fear of drowning and lack of swimming ability, you were essentially an oxymoron. You were happy to go to the pool with your classmates and friends, you just didn't plan on getting in, or near, the water. Foolproof plan, right? Wrong. Everything would have been perfectly fine if your classmates were not a bunch of jackasses. For you see, one of your mischievous friends thought it would be funny to pull a little prank on you.

"Aren't ya gonna get in, (Y/n)?" asked with an unregistered glint of malevolence in his eyes.

"Oh, no," You shook your head. "I'm good here." You smile lightly as Kaminari tried to remain as innocent-looking as possible as he approached you. Since you were on your feet, it was easy for the young boy to come up with a plan.

"Are you sure?" He inquired, stalking closer and closer. You nodded your head again.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure--Hey!" You exclaimed as suddenly he picked you off your feet. As you panicked, knowing full-well what Kaminari had planned, he ran over to the edge of the pool holding you tight so you couldn't squirm away. You let out an involuntary scream as Kaminari tossed you into the pool.

The crystal clear water swallowed you whole at contact. A cold rush rippled across your skin and true dread sank in, as you sank deeper into the pool. You could only hold your breath for so long and silently prayed someone remembered why you refused to get in the water. Luckily, someone did:

"Dude, she doesn't know how to swim!" Kirishima shouted.

"What?" Kaminari instantly paled guilt, and regret washing over him. "How was I supposed to know that, she has a freaking water quirk!" The kids realized you hadn't come up for air yet, and terror overtook them all. Out of pure instinct, Deku dove into the deep end of the pool without a word. When it came to someone who knew how to navigate water, it was fairly easy for the hero-in-training to scoop you up and pull you to the surface. Deku lifted you out of the water and gently placed you on the concrete beside the pool. He then hauled himself out of the water and knelt beside you before carefully checking to see if you were still breathing. Your eyes were closed and you weren't moving, so everyone was worried.

It felt like no time from when you hit the water and waking up now, but it had been a minute or two. With a cough, you emptied your mouth of chlorine-filled water and sat up a bit quickly. All your classmates had gathered around to stand over you, anxious to know that you were okay.

"(Y/n), I'm so sorry!" Kaminari nearly bawled. "I had no idea you couldn't swim! I'm sorry!" You shook your head. You were a bit embarrassed that you didn't know how to swim, so you never really flaunted that. You understood why Kaminari thought it would be funny.

"I-It's fine," You croaked out. "I-I forgive you."

"Thank you!" Kaminari hung his head and disappeared. The crowd somewhat dispersed, each one of them thankful you were alright. Several sighs of relief later, you felt awkward thanks to the scene that was caused.

"Are you okay?" Deku asked, concern still evident in his expression.

"Yeah, I'm fine," You said, a weak smile crawling to your face. "Thank you."

"Y-You don't have to thank me, (Y/n)!" The young boy beamed a beautiful smile on his face. "I'm just glad I could help you!" You chuckled and nervously attempted to stand up. Deku was very quick to get to his feet and offer a hand in helping you up, which you gladly accepted. You were beyond grateful to the broccoli-boy for saving you. He was always so quick to jump in and try to help regardless of how it affected him, something you admired about him. Midoriya was thoughtful, kind, a bit nerdy, dorky, and incredibly cute. He was the biggest sweetheart you knew.

You would forever be in debt to that broccoli-boy.