dense | keigo takami (hawks) fluff [female-reader request]

Prompt: Hawks has fallen for his co-worker (Y/n), but she has no idea

Warning: There's some cursing

Word count: 563

.・-: ✧ :- Second Person Point of View -: ✧ :-・.

The moment Keigo first saw you, was the moment Kegio fell head over heels. It was like you pulled him in by some magic force and would not let him go. Every smile, every 'good morning,' every friendly touch, and every little glance from you only made Keigo fall deeper. Working for the same hero agency gave him an excuse to see you almost every day, but even though you were around each other so frequently you had no clue that Hawks was in love with you.

The hero was charismatic, capable, and charming, but he found the task of reading you to be very difficult. Were you only being friendly toward him, or did you have feelings for him? He would hate himself if he mistook your friendship for courtship. Keigo could just ask you out on a date, but his fear of getting rejected by essentially his dream girl made him hesitant. However, in the meantime, he was content with admiring from afar.

"You've got to stop gawking at her," One of his co-workers scolded him.

"I'm not gawking, I'm... appreciating her," Keigo defended himself in a bit of embarrassment.

"That's arguably worse given the context," His co-worker dead-panned.

"Yeah, maybe it's a bit creepy," Keigo muttered as he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "But what else am I supposed to do? I've been pining after her for ages."

"Oh, believe me, everyone in his office is painfully aware," Keigo's co-worker stated as if it were obvious. "It's driving us all crazy, you just need to fuck already." Keigo held his face in his hands, slightly frustrated at the entire situation.

"No, I... She probably doesn't feel the same way," Keigo admitted in despair. "That's why she hasn't returned any of my advances. It'd probably be wrong to keep pursuing her, right?" His co-worker sighed and placed their hand on his shoulder.

"Dude... she's dense."

"What?"

"(Y/n) doesn't know you have a thing for her," They explained. "She's oblivious, not uninterested."

"How do you know that?" Keigo asked, excitement bubbling up inside of him. He was doubtful, but it was too late for him to keep his hopes grounded. His co-worker groaned and proceeded to recall a few hours ago when their boredom and curiosity got the best of them:

"Hey, (Y/n)," They greeted politely.

"Hello!" You smiled and waved with your usual kindness.

"I've been meaning to ask you something," They began, a little unsure if they were overstepping their boundaries. Your eyes sparkled in curiosity and confusion,

"What is it?" You asked, prepared to give them anything they needed to know.

"Are you and Hawks a... thing?" They asked. Your brows furrowed a bit as you were taken aback by their question.

"A thing? What do you mean?" You inquired, a little puzzled.

"Like, are you together?" They explained casually. "I just assumed you were, 'cause he seems super in love with you."

"H-He has feelings for me?" You interjected, leaning in closer so you could lower your voice. "Do you really--he's not just--you're not joking, right?" Your stuttering and flushed face answer the initial question; you and Hawks weren't in a romantic relationship, but it seemed both of your desired to...

"So, for the sake of the sanity of everyone who works here, just go and ask her out, Takami."

"Damn... " Keigo mumbled, his whole world carefully coming undone. Keigo was quick to his feet, and quick to find the girl he had fallen for.