midnight clarity | katsuki bakugo fluff [request]

A/n: I can't remember if there were specified pronouns for this request, so it's neutral. also, this one might be bad, but oh well 

Prompt: (Y/n) has a habit of overthinking, and Bakugo lends an ear for once in his life

Warning: Swearing and slightly angsty themes

Word count: 653

.・-: ✧ :- First Person Point of View; Katsuki Bakugo -: ✧ :-・.

A soft bump against my back caught my attention. As everyone was filing into class, someone ran into me. I glanced back to see (Y/n) rather rattled and spewing some apology sheepishly. I decided it was too early to be yelling at someone for what clearly an accident, so I ignored it and got to my desk. (Y/n) was a clutz, everyone knew that, so there was no purpose in me pointing it out. They didn't seem like the type who could handle that kind of criticism anyways. They were quiet and clumsy, not exactly what I'd call hero material. The rest of the day was boring and we had nothing exciting to do, but at least it was the weekend as soon as that stupid bell rang.

After finishing the homework Mr. Aizawa assigned, Kirishima managed to somehow convince me to hang out with him and some others. They dragged me to watch some marathon of movies at a theater. We were out far later then I would have liked, so, at midnight, we all went home. I was walking by myself, trying not to fall asleep on my feet. Up ahead, I could see the park I always passed when I walked home.

Someone was sitting on the swings by themselves. I wouldn't have cared, but, even in the dark, they looked somewhat familiar. They kind of looked like (Y/n). At second glance, I saw that it was (Y/n). What were they doing out so late? I decided to approach them, a combination of sleep-depravity and curiosity getting the better of me.

"The hell are you doing here?" I asked, making them jump slightly.

"O-Oh, hey, Bakugo... " They greeted, obviously caught off guard by my presence. "I-I wasn't expecting to see you."

"I asked you a question, dumbass," I reminded them, sitting on the empty swing next to them. They looked to their feet and twidled their thumbs. They obviously didn't want to tell me, or maybe they struggled to put it into words.

"I just... " THey sighed, avoiding looking in my direction. "I've been thinking a lot lately. And that wouldn't be a bad thing, I just have the tendency to overthink." I reminded silent, giving them a chance to express their troubles.

"I've been worrying about my future a lot lately," They admitted sadly. "There's so much going on, we've all been through so much it can be hard to process sometimes. It's so overwhelming... " They went on, confessing how stressed and anxious they had grown over the past few months. I wasn't exactly a stranger to anxiety or overthinking, but it was clear they were suffering. Due to their overthinking, they managed to isolate themself, always coming off as quiet or shy. Being distracted by their thoughts, they were always slipping up or being as clumsy as they were.

"I-I just don't know what to do, that's all... " They mumbled, their voice breaking slightly. I could tell they were on the verge of tears. I looked up at the night sky above our heads. It was beautiful and peaceful. Despite how tired I was, I had a strange glimmer of clarity at that moment.

"You shouldn't worry about anything outside of your control," I stated. "That'll just cause you even more harm. Whatever happens, will happen, and if there's nothing you can do about you can't stress about it."

"You're probably right," They said, tilting their head back to look at the sky too. "Thanks, Bakugo."

"Don't mention it," I responded, a small yawn emerging after my words. "It's getting late, you should go home and go to sleep."

"I could say the same about you, ya know," They remarked, a small smirk on their face. I scoffed and got off the swing, knowing they were correct; we both ought to have been home a long time ago. They stood up too and smiled before saying goodnight and walking off. Heh. Maybe they're not so bad.