tough love | shota aizawa parental-fluff [female-reader request]

Prompt: (Y/n) is a very shy student of Aizawa's and he has started to notice her slipping due to sleep deprivation

Warning: None, just factual information

Word count: 577

.・-: ✧ :- Second Person Point of View -: ✧ :-・.

Sometimes, it felt like all that mattered were your grades. Tests, projects, papers, exams, quizzes, and training were the only things swirling around in your skull as of late. Your schoolwork almost consumed you, appearing to be the only thing that was important in your life. Aizawa mentioned there was a test coming up, and ever since then, you had spiraled downwards into a sort of madness.

For several nights in a row, you stayed up far too late to cram in extra study time in preparation for the test. As it would turn out, not going to sleep at a decent time consistently when you had to get up early took a toll on your health. During classes, you found it difficult to pay attention, and even more difficult to keep up with the physical training.

One warm late afternoon, the class was dismissed and all your peers filed out of the classroom. You, however, were left behind. Deep in peaceful slumber with your head on your desk, you were catching up on some much needed Zzz's. Your friends decided to let you sleep, knowing if you fell asleep in class you certainly needed the rest. Aizawa knocked on your desk in attempts to wake you up, attempts that were ultimately successful. You groggily sat up, rubbing your face as you returned to full consciousness.

"(L/n), we need to talk about your recent performance in class and in training," Your teacher said, as flat as he normally did. You instantly became nervous and tense, your brain fully jolting awake.

"H-Have my grades been dropping?" You asked, pure concern devouring your tone.

"Not yet," Aizawa sighed, "but they will." You tilted your head, silently asking what he meant. "Look, I can see what's happening, and you have to stop."

"Stop what?" You asked, actually confused. Aizawa sat down at the desk in front of you, using the chair backward so he could make eye-contact with you.

"You think I don't recognize that glossed-over look in your eyes?" Aizawa almost taunted sympathetically. "You're not getting enough sleep and it shows, and soon it'll start to show through your grades."

"H-How else am I supposed to not fail this class?" You asked, some of your insecurities seeping into your words.

"Ask for help," Aizawa stated simply. You looked down at your hands, twidling with your thumbs so to speak. You had trouble speaking up about anything, and there was no way you had the courage to ask for help. What if that would burden your friends? What if they thought you were stupid for not understanding everything? You were too shy to reach out.

"Look, I know it's tempting to shut yourself in when things get difficult, but there's no shame in asking for help," Aizawa said, clearly drawing from personal experience. "Start getting more sleep, join one of the study groups, and don't stress about your grades too much."

"But--" You spoke, but your teacher cut you off before you could continue,

"No buts, (L/n), you don't have a choice," He stated with a blank stare. "Your health is more important than your grades. If you ever need help with the content of the lessons or an extension of a deadline, you can come to tell me." You nodded your head, a small smile gracing your lips. Aizawa cared about his students and cared enough to show them a little tough love every now and again. You were very thankful for a teacher like Aizawa, you owed him a lot.