18 | Elvira

"Congratulations!" I smile widely as I hug her tightly

"Now you are finally a doctor. God. Took you long enough," she laughs and shakes her head.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." I pull away to see her basically bouncing on her feet. Arya laughs and gives her a hug too.

"Congratulations you goof," they back away and I catch someone walking towards us where we are standing outside the assembly hall. There are flowers decorating the whole garden that is here and through this big crowd of people, I easily recognise that face.

I quickly move Arya closer to me as he approaches us.

"What?" I gesture to the figure walking towards us with a bouquet of white roses in his hand. Arya stiffens beside me and we both look at each other not knowing what to do.

"What should we do?" I whisper in her ear, worry dripping from each word.

"I don't know," she drags out frustrated.

His smile is so big and I smile back when he sees me. He walks faster approaching us and Arya is literally panicking beside me.

"Hey Elvira. Arya." He nods to both of us and we smile back. Upon hearing his voice, Hazel turns around from talking to her friends and freezes.

"Kade." I see the hurt flash across her eyes as she whispers his name. The name showing its familiarity when she utters it, spilling out emotions that I know she has been keeping inside. Kade takes a step closer to her and hugs her while she just stands there frozen.

He starts to back away when Hazel doesn't move in order to not make her uncomfortable but she hugs him back. Resting her head in the crook of his neck, she tightens her arms around him.

I look at Arya and see her smiling at both of them.

Once they back away, Kade says in a small voice.

"Congratulations." He hands her the flowers and Hazel takes them with shaky hands.

"You came," he nods with a sad smile.

"Yeah, I promised you once that I would be here. Although I couldn't be the first one to congratulate you," I can feel Kade being slightly insecure but I can also see the hope he has in his eyes.

"Hazel!"

No. No. No.

I turn wide eyed to Arya to see the same expression on her face. My heart races faster as I realise what could happen.

I look at Hazel to see her mouth close before she could utter anything to him.

We all turn to the person who called her.

There he is. Hunter Knight. Hazel's current boyfriend.

He runs up to her and wraps his arms around her right in front of Kade. Brown hair, dark black eyes with glasses. You would think he is a nerd but this guy is anything but. He looks innocent but damn do me and Arya know just how innocent he is.