23 | Elvira

Small disclaimer to not put the song on at the top until stated because well... you will only need it in the second half of the chapter.

Song at the top: No more sad songs by Little Mix

"How is the food?"

I smile before replying to him.

"It's amazing." I blush under his gaze as he looks at me with those forest green eyes again and a cute boy-ish smile on his face.

"Only the best for you on your birthday," I lightly laugh as I soon finish off and so does he.

"I loved spending the whole day with you. And this dinner was nothing but the best," I tell him as I stand up and he puts his arm around my shoulders making move further in the warmth he is providing.

"Of course," but just as we get closer to the exit of the restaurant, his eyes narrow looking outside before a wide smile spreads on his face.

"Come on! I have one more surprise for you," getting excited, I follow him outside and watch him stand in on the side of the road, not too close but not far either.

"What are we looking at?" I ask him with curiosity running through me. The giddy feeling in me is growing by every second.

He took me out for breakfast in the morning despite my parents disagreeing. They never liked Kaden anyway, they always had a disliking towards him and I never understood why, they said about his intentions not being right but he is only two years older than me. He is twenty while I just turned eighteen today. I don't think that should be a problem but they are still hell bent on keeping him away from me.

He is like a dream to every girl. He takes care of me, takes me out on a lot of dates, goes shopping with me and even despite my parents, he has come for dinner to make them happy but no. They have some fucking problem. They just never want me to be happy because when I finally get a boyfriend, they have a problem with him too.

"Here they come," Kaden whispers in my ear making me blush but excited.

My eyes dart around at the beginning of the road because that is where Kaden is looking. The darkness of the night is making it slightly harder to see but blaring bright lights of a moving object come in sight. A car is coming towards us.

"Car?" Kaden nods before a smirk takes over his face. He glances down at me with a weird glint in his eyes.

"Happy. Fucking. Birthday." A frown takes over my face as I quickly look back at the car.

I'm trying very hard to see what it is that he wants to show me.

That's when I realise.

That is when I realise whose car that is. But that's not what bothers me. It's the fact that another van is coming at a high speed straight at their car.