2| Elvira

Life is well

Life is well...life. Your life is just a small little glimpse of you. What you do and how you do things shapes your life. The people you interact with, your interests, your past relationships of any kind, your personality, everything. Everything you had done in the past has brought you here in this moment.

One of the biggest things we all crave is praise. Acceptance. It affects how we do things and our attitude towards our everyday lifestyle.

I have everything my younger self desired. The money, fame, job, lifestyle. Everything. And today will mark the day that should be one of the biggest and proudest moments. 

Now rummaging through my penthouse, my mind can't focus on one thing.

"Shit, shit, shit," I rush to get all my stuff from my apartment. I am getting late, today out of all the days. 

"Ughh," I groan when my feet gets tangled in an unknown piece of clothing. Bending down I try to remove the shirt, just as I am removing it, I trip on something else and fall to the ground.

"You have got to be kidding me," accepting my defeat I just sit there for a moment. I feel like crying, I am getting late, keep tripping over on random stuff and I still haven't got the papers together. Sudden determination hits me and I get up.

I quickly walk out of the penthouse after getting everything and walk downstairs towards my car. Getting in, I start the engine start driving towards my destination.

I am fidgeting in my seat because of how nervous I am. The day is finally here. Today is such a long-waited day that I don't think it is real anymore. I don't want to chew on my nails or lips, so I find myself gnawing on the inside of my cheek.

I have been popping in from time to time to see how it is going but today. Today I will see the final result.

It's a big step for me in my whole career. Mom and dad would be proud if they were here.

After a few minutes, I arrive. At Melrose Avenue. At the final destination. At my dream place.

Just as I get out of the car, I hear another car door close nearby. Looking in that direction I see a man rush out of his car, and head inside the tall dark glass building.

Ignoring him I look back at the reason I am here for.

My very own office building. One of the biggest event managing company based in Toronto and is one of the most successful in North America.

Eve management.

It's a glass skyscraper. Fully furnished, designed and decorated by me.

A smile spreads on my face and my heart blossoms. I feel accomplished. I feel content with life. Happiness is a personal thing, it's a personal job. You have to work for it, make it happen, to be able to love life. And I have done that, I worked hard. Sleepless nights, crying, frustration, wanting to give up but yet here I am.