40 | Elvira

Playlist of chapter 40 from my Spotify.
Link in my profile bio.

I don't believe him

I don't believe him. 

My heart won't let me. 

Or is it because I want him that I am avoiding what is right in front of me. Maybe it's like accepting what's is right in front of you is easier than what your heart wants because you won't have to deal with the consequences that come after it, with the challenge that comes after it.

But listening to your heart also means that you overcome the consequences with the person with a light at the end of the tunnel. 

The question kept going around my head in circles and yes, I had shed a tear or two but my heart keeps repeating it.

Can I believe him?

Believe that everything was a lie and that he wanted me only to show Veronica that he moved on? That using me, despite the small promises he made was what he actually wanted?

Arya telling me she doesn't feel something is right tells me I'm not the only one. So I have to keep questioning until I get the answer I want. This is bigger than the actual picture.

I found Zane with Veronica in his office just like he had found her those years ago cheating. And for him to shut off people and completely erase word 'trust' from himself only means he wouldn't do the same thing to anyone else. You could tell Zane would hold back on himself whenever there would be a part where trust was required or when we were together, he would retreat from doing any action that was associated with being intimate. 

The second thing was that he let Veronica talk. Even after Veronica had told him to tell me himself, he didn't. He avoided lying to me. He let her because he knew I would believe him and not her. 

When I ask him, he looked away shrugging. He didn't look me in the eyes where he used to look any chance he would get. He loved looking at the emotions spilling out of my eyes. 

Oh my God. 

I hold a hand in front of my mouth to cover my gasp.

Zane had silently given me so many hints on this not being true. 

I need to tell this to Arya. 

"Ella. Can you call Arya up again?" 

"She isn't in. She clocked out for the day saying she won't be coming back." My brows crease in confusion. 

"Did she tell you why?" She murmurs a no.

"That's fine then." I release the button on the phone and lean back.

Turning my head towards the glass window, my heart still seeks out to him despite the aching pain that is there in my chest. 

Why did you do this Zane? What could she have against you that lead you to do this in the most painful way? Could I forgive you if this wasn't true? Could I trust you again because you didn't tell me anything about this?  Could you have my trust again for leaving me in the dark with all this despite me asking you not to?