9 | Elvira

Like a record on repeat, yesterday keeps playing over and over in my head

It's nothing special yet it managed to keep my mind off so many things, it managed to keep my mind occupied with this weird encounter with him that left me frustrated.

I have stayed at home today because I needed to pack everything due to me arriving late yesterday. So now I'm here, in front of my closet looking through it to find clothes for next week.

"Wait is it going to be cold there? Should I bring a raincoat just in case?" I hear Arya say on the phone. I have called her because I wanted some advice on what I should take, but looks like she needs mine more.

"Ugh, you have a phone, you check the damn weather. It's not hard," I roll my eyes as I zip up the bag and place it on the floor.

I take the phone off the bed and hold it up to my face.

"Right, I'm all packed up and you need to get there fast as well. And like I always say, don't forget anything," she rolls her eyes at me when I say that.

"Roll them once more so they get stuck there." She gives me a glare for this while I try not to laugh.

"I'm leaving now, got myself a driver to take me," she bids goodbye and I hang up after that.

After settling in the car with my two bags loaded in the back, I open my phone to check for today's emails. One catches my eye in particular so I open it.

EMAIL ME BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Ella Gerdia

As soon as I see it, I immediately ring her up. She picks up on the first ring.

"What happened?" I ask getting down to the topic.

"We have a problem with your plane." She says and takes a sharp intake of breath.

"The company we use the private jets from is fully booked today and you might have to share the plane with another flight that will be going to the same destination as you." She says this all in one breath but I heard every single word clearly.

"What do you mean? How can this happen?" I look out to see that we are not that far from the airport.

"I contacted the owner and he said that since it was last minute, this happens a lot so you will be going with another team. When I asked who it is and they said that it-"

"Who?" I am panicking on the inside. How will I have to go on the same private jet as someone else? I have a private jet for a reason. A valid one that is.

"Roman Enterprises." And at that, the car comes to a stop too. Holding my breath, I whisper out an ok and end the call without giving her a chance to reply back.

The driver opens the door and goes to get the bags out from the back.

It's too late to change anything. Way too late.