38 | Elvira

Song listed at the top: War Of Hearts by Ruelle
Only put the song on after the divider in the chapter and keep it on repeat.

Song listed at the top: War Of Hearts by RuelleOnly put the song on after the divider in the chapter and keep it on repeat

To say Zane is mad would be an understatement.

He is sitting far away with his arms crossed and a frown on his face on the other end of the sofa I am sitting on and we are watching Tangled.

When we are a few minutes in and Zane still hasn't said anything, I sigh before shuffling closer to him because he looks like a child that hasn't gotten his favourite candy.

"Zane," I call out as I tuck myself in his side still keeping my eyes on the TV screen.

"You can't just sit like that. I came here to spend time with you and you are ignoring me," I look up at him to see him already looking at me with eyebrows raised and a hint of a smile. His hazel eyes clearer today with much more brown visible and his untamed hair is resting on top of his head making me want to run my fingers through them.

"What?" I ask thinking I might have something on my face.

"Couldn't stay away from me for long could you?" He teases with a smirk making me frown but I shrug.

"Why should I when you are sitting right next to me? If you are here with me, I will use every chance to be closer," I tell him as I drop my head against his arm but he removes it and rests it around my shoulders pulling me closer to him.

The whole movie Zane kept asking me so many questions as if he didn't watch the film already. He asked why her hair is so long and if she has to keep it, how she can maintain it to be so shiny. I told him to shut up and let me enjoy it. That didn't stop him though because later, he asked how the white horse and the 'man' that fell with him from the hill didn't die because it didn't make sense. And then another question about how the old lady wants to be young and good looking so she can go find men to fuck.

That had me slapping him on his arm making him laugh out loud.

The scene of them in the boat with the lanterns above them comes on and it looks so magical.

"This is so..... I have probably never seen that many lanterns in real life. Are there really that many people living on that small-what the fuck!" Zane glares at me when I shoved him to get him to shut up and not ruin the movie.

"Can you just stay quiet and let me watch it?" I grit out getting frustrated, he frowns before muttering a quiet 'fine'.

"Are you.... are you crying?" I shake my head sniffling as I watch Ryder laying on the floor of the tower house as Rapunzel hugs him closer because he just cut her hair and didn't let her use her powers to save him.

"It's just a movie. It's okay, he is going to be fine, look!" He hurriedly says as if he is confused at me crying. I wipe my tears looking through my blurry vision as Rapunzel's tears bring out a bright glow and Ryder opens his eyes.