33 | Elvira

My phone ringing in the morning on a Saturday is not something I want to wake up to

"What?" I groan out. I open my eyes to see that my white blinds are still pulled but the sun outside that is peaking through is probably burning hot. I don't even want to get out of bed today because the exhaustion really has hit me this weekend.

"God. I swear if this is for some stupid reason-"

"I'm outside so open the door. I'll explain the rest later." My phone drops out of my hand, it takes me a minute to realise who said this.

"Zane? What the hell? Why are you-"

"Just open the damn door first." I hang up before walking to the toilet and freshening up. If he has come here unannounced, it's not my problem, he has to wait.

After doing so, I walk outside my bedroom to downstairs where I open the door while leaning against it. There he is, standing with a smug look on his face. His black trousers, black dress shirt that has few buttons open at the top revealing his defined chest and the sunglasses that he just took off. Everything about this man is like a blessing to the eye. The other day in the office plays back but my thoughts sober up when he pushes past me into the apartment.

"Yeah, yeah. Make yourself at home, I need to go take a shower then you are telling me why you are here." I walk away from him upstairs because God knows how long he will be here and I don't want to be stinking, especially when days are this hot.

As soon as I exit the shower, I hear a knock at the door. Changing into a black flowery sundress, I run downstairs towards the door when I realise that Zane is here too and has opened the door already.

"What a surprise Veronica." My head snaps towards the front door where, in fact, Veronica is standing. Everything leather and her signature red lipstick that screams danger from her. Her icy eyes snap to me where I am walking towards Zane.

"Hey babe, who is- oh! Veronica." I exclaim, acting surprised before hugging Zane from the back. My hands on his chest as I look over his shoulder at her. I can feel his fresh and strong cologne making me want to sniff it but I resist. That would be plain weird.

"Morning. I was just visiting a friend and she told me that the famous Elvira Blake lives here," my eyebrows shoot up as I feel Zane tense under my hands. I gently stroke him in hopes to calm him down because his grip on the door handle tightens. Gradually, it does. His grip loosens ever so slightly making me sigh in relief.

"Oh? Who?" I ask moving away from Zane to his side.

"Zane's mother." I stiffen and so does Zane. What did she say? His mother? How would she know where I live? And why the hell did his mother even tell her?

"Aren't you going to invite me in for a drink?" She asks making me glance at Zane but he does at me at the same time. I lift my eyebrows silently asking if I should to which he subtly nods so I move aside and let her walk in.