5

ABUSE MENTIONED IN THIS CHAPTER

Jin showers, dresses, and cooks breakfast. Jaden runs down the stairs in his PJs and hugs Jin's legs. "I smell pancakes!"    "Yes. I made your favorite, strawberry pancakes."   "Yay!" Jaden shouts in satisfaction.  "Can I take a bath first before I eat?"     "Yeah, come on let's go see what you want to wear today."    "I want to wear Iron Man to show Uncle JK when he gets home."     "Okay, Iron man it is."

********************

After Jimin put JK's phone on silence, he went to sleep and awakens at 9am the next day. Jimin whispers in Jungkook's ear. "Good morning Jungkook." JK opens and adjusts his eyes noticing the light from outside shining through the window. "Morning?" JK asks trying to get his thoughts together. "Yes, I was thinking we can eat breakfast. Could you Make an order for delivery." "Where is my phone?" JK jumps up and goes to get his phone. He sits down and listens to Jin's first message. His heart sinks listening to the desperation in Jin's voice about the adoption meeting.

With the combination of JK working, drinking wine, and having sex with Jimin twice, he ended up very tired. He doesn't remember falling asleep. He doesn't listen to the other messages because Jimin interrupts him. "Did you order us something to eat?"    "Cook something Jimin. I need to go."    "JK, this is our house now. Is this how it's going to be, you running home to Jin all the time. Then why am I here JK?"    "Jimin you are here because I want you here, but you know I'm married to Jin, your best friend . But this adoption means more than what we got going on."   "So, you finally finding a conscious JK?"   "Jimin please. You put my phone on silent? I had my schedule alarm on all day, how is it on silent now?"    "You were already tired from work. I thought maybe you didn't want to be disturbed."    "I told you about my meeting with the adoption agency Jimin. Damn it Jimin. I need to go, order breakfast for yourself." JK leaves and goes home.

"Uncle JK!" Jaden runs to JK and JK picks him up. "Jaden Buddy, welcome home. I miss you so much." JK looks at Jin who seems unbothered about his neglect in coming home. "I told you Uncle JK will be home soon."    "I love your iron man shirt man. Maybe I should buy me one and we wear the shirts together."    "Yay! Uncle Jin, I told you Uncle JK will like it."    "Yep. You sure did. Now you can go play your games since you are through eating."   "Uncle JK, can you play with me? Our best friend, Tae, played with me yesterday and I beat him and Uncle Jin a lot of times."

JK looks at Jin who doesn't even flinch at Jaden mentioning Tae's name. "I'm glad Tae played with you and of course I will play with you. Just let me get settled, okay?"    "Okay. I love you Uncle JK."    "I love you too Jaden." Jaden goes upstairs to his room. "So, Tae was here?"    "Yeah, the dishwasher pipe was leaking. Jaden asked him to play games with him and I okayed it." Jin states with no concern showing in the tone of his voice. "What else did you okay?"    "You come home the day after you're needed and have the audacity to question me. That's cute JK."    "You didn't answer my question Jin."    "Do you want the truth or a lie. I don't think you can handle either one."  JK dismisses Jin's statement out of Jin being upset.  

"Jin, I'm sorry for yesterday I got so behind at work and the time came and past before I realized it, then I had an urgent late-night meeting at the hotel. After a few drinks I was too tired so I got a room."    "Too tired? You have a damn driver JK, it's not like you were too drunk or too tired to drive home, and that goes for all the other times you said you had to stay at the hotel."     "You're right Jin, but I had too much to drink I wasn't thinking."    "You weren't thinking JK? You walked up to the front desk, asked for a room, gave them your name and your business perk ID number, and pushed the elevator button, walked onto the elevator, pushed the floor number, found your room, and went to sleep. But you want me to believe you wasn't thinking to walk out to your car and let your driver bring you home? That scenario is getting thin."