- 19 -

Once court was dismissed, Olivia and Rafael headed home. They barely got to their car before Danny was calling Olivia's name. She stopped by the passenger side door and smiled when she saw Danny.

"Hey." She breathed once he got to their side.

"I want to thank you both so much for giving me a shot to be one of Ezra's fathers... I know that I have been an ass for like... all of your pregnancy and the days after you had Ezra... but my parents were breathing down my neck and making me feel like absolute shit. But I promise to be an amazing father to that little boy." Danny breathed, as tears welled in his eyes. 

Olivia looked at him for a moment, before stepping forward and hugging him tightly.

"I heard what they said to you. Not only am I giving Ezra a chance to know you, but I'm giving you a chance to grow out of the shell your parents put you in. Now, get a job and get out of that place as soon as you can. Because they will continue to hold you down." Olivia spoke softly as she stepped back and smiled at him.

"Can Gillian be a part of Ezra's life? Because I really love her and I do plan on marrying her." Danny spoke as he looked down the sidewalk and to where Gillian stood and awkwardly waited for her fiance to return.

"I want to meet her and get to know her more... but if she's anything like what you have described her... Ezra would be incredibly lucky to have her as his step-mom."

Danny smiled and nodded before pecking Olivia's cheek quickly. He turned to Rafael and grinned before reaching his hand out to him.

"Thank you so much, Rafael... I'm sorry."

"It was all Liv's idea. And I'm sorry too. Now, go do what my lady said. Then maybe in a few weeks you can come over and spend time with Ezra."

"I will get out of there house within a week! Trust me!"

///

When they got home, Olivia told Lucia and Catalina about what she had agreed on with Danny. They seemed a little upset about it, but Olivia told them that if Danny didn't do what she asked of him, he would only get visitation and nothing else.

"What a sleepy baby." Olivia cooed softly, as she came into her bedroom. Ezra was snuggled against her chest and barely awake after his last feeding.

"The nights when Ezra is with Danny are going to be the hardest." Rafael frowned, as his girlfriend climbed into bed before shifting closer to her to get a better look at their baby.

"I know... but I'm not allowing overnight stays until Ezra is older. Once I'm done nursing him..." Olivia sighed, as she passed Ezra over to Rafael.

"I'm still incredibly nervous about this all... but as long as Danny truly changes, then everything should be okay. And I do think he understands that his parents cannot be involved." Rafael sighed, as he settled back and got Ezra resting against his chest. He started to rub Ezra's back as Olivia tried to think of what to say. 

A lot was happening, and she wanted to say the right thing to get Rafael to relax.

"I am going to be in charge of deciding how the custody will go. So we can stay out of court and stuff. We won't move too quickly, and I will make sure that Danny and Gillian don't plan on raising Ezra. He will be with us most of the time."

"Good, because this little guy is mine. I just wish that I had taken part in the fun of making him." Rafael chuckled, before looking over at Olivia and grinning.

"How many kids do you want in the future, Rafa?" Olivia mused, and Rafael shrugged a bit as he rested his cheek against Ezra's head.

"I don't know... but I just know that no matter how many we have will be perfect for us... and Ezra will be loved the exact same way as all future kids are. I promise." Rafael breathed.

"I hope that is the same for Danny and Gillian's future kids... because I don't want Ezra to feel unloved there and not want to go there."

"Oh, I wouldn't mind him just staying with us full time." Rafael sighed.

///

It took five weeks for Danny to be out of his parents' house. He got a job, and so did Gillian, so they could afford an apartment near Olivia and Rafael's place. And after Danny gave his job information and his apartment information to the court, the new custody agreement was made up. It was starting with visitation, which started on October first.

"Are you ready to see Danny?" Olivia cooed, as she rubbed her baby's belly after giving him a bath. Rafael was at work, so she was dealing with the first visitation by herself.

"I wish you could talk to me right now, baby. Then I wouldn't be talking to myself." Olivia said with a smile. She leaned down and blew on Ezra's belly and several gurgles left his mouth. Olivia got caught up in talking to her baby and showering him in kisses, that she didn't hear Danny knocking on the door until he texted her and asked if she was there.

"Hey, I'm sorry. Ezra was being incredibly sweet, and I wasn't paying attention to anything but him." Olivia smiled, as she opened the door and let Danny and Gillian into the apartment.

"That's okay... I was worried that you got cold feet and decided to cancel today." Danny breathed awkwardly.

"I wouldn't do that... I had thought about it, but I didn't do it. I can't keep Ezra from you two forever... so, before I hand him over, can you go scrub your hands? It's starting to become cold season, and he doesn't need to get sick."

"Of course." Danny smiled.

Once everyone had washed their hands, Danny sat on the sofa and got to hold his baby for the first time. Gillian asked Olivia to talk, and they stood in the kitchen while Danny became absorbed in the tiny human he and Olivia created together.

"Thank you so much for letting this happen... Danny has talked about it for the last week. He loves Ezra so much, and being able to be his father is making him incredibly happy."

"Gillian, what do you want to be to Ezra?" Olivia asked softly.

"I-i don't know. I guess I'd like to be his step-mother. That I'd love him like my own, even if he isn't my own." Gillian breathed, and Olivia nodded slowly.

"I don't want him to call you Mama... but I hope you understand that." Olivia breathed, and Gillian nodded.

"Yeah, I do. But have you asked Danny about Ezra calling him and Rafael Daddy?" Gillian asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"I didn't, because Rafael was going to be Ezra's only father before Danny decided he wanted custody." Olivia replied with a sigh.

"Well, maybe before letting Ezra's step-father be called Daddy, you should ask Danny about it. Because you aren't calling all the shots anymore, Olivia. Danny is too."