- 40 -

"Olivia, I really don't think that having two kids will make things more complicated. It will make things different, but you and Rafa are strong. Your marriage is stronger than ever before, and bringing another little boy into your marriage will probably make things seem more permanent."

"I just don't want us to break up after Benjamin is born. He and Ezra don't deserve the pain of having divorced parents." Olivia sniffled. Lucia frowned deeply before shaking her head. She walked over and sank down beside Olivia. She grabbed her hand and squeezed it gently.

"My Rafa absolutely loves you. He also just adores Ez and Benjamin. I don't think he will go anywhere, as long as you don't either."

"I don't have any plans on leaving them. I'm happy and I feel safe."

"Then I don't think you have anything to worry about. Everything will be fine, honey."

///

Ezra passed out on the ride home, so Olivia and Rafael didn't talk much because they didn't want to wake him up. But once Ezra was sleeping in his bed and they were ready to settle down for the night, Rafael couldn't help but talk about their son. Well, both of them.

"Ez is going to be such a good big brother." Rafael smiled as he pulled his wife close.

"He will be great." Olivia yawned.

"And I think since he's older, he will want to be involved in everything having to do with Ben. He'll probably try to help me change his diapers, and he'll want to play with him." Rafael spoke.

"He will also try to get out of school, because he doesn't want Ben to miss him." Olivia smiled tiredly. She rolled over onto her back and looked at her husband.

"Were you crying earlier?" Rafael questioned and Olivia nodded.

"Yeah, I was a mess earlier... but your mother and grandmother really helped me out. They got me to calm down and I feel more confident than before."

"What? Was something bothering you? You know that you have to come to me when you aren't feeling good. Mentally or physically."

"Babe-"

"No, I mean it. I'm your husband and I need you to come to me. We gotta trust each other and-"

"I trust you, Rafael Barba. I just needed to talk to women about how I was feeling." Olivia huffed a bit.

"Liv-"

"I'm worried about how we are going to deal with two kids. Ezra will be needing completely different things compared to our newborn. We will have to figure out how to give both boys exactly what they need, without forgetting about ourselves. It was hard enough when Sophie was living with us, but it will be harder when I'm struggling with postpartum hormones and the pain of recovering. Your mother and grandmother have gone through what I have gone through, and I needed them. I didn't talk to them to piss you off, but because I needed to talk to them. Okay? So drop it and go to sleep."

///

Their fight fizzled out, and in the morning everything was better again. They went back to being excited about everything happening, and they went straight back into planning for Benjamin. His room was painted and decorated with a lot of help from his excited big brother. The next several weeks sped by, and before anyone knew it, Olivia was just days off from her due date.

"Why can't Benny come tonight? I just want to meet him!" Ezra whined as he followed his mother around the house.

"Ezra, Benny will come when he is ready. I know that you want to meet him, Daddy and I do too. But we can't force him out if he isn't ready. So please, just relax and try to be patient." Olivia replied, as she stopped and turned to look at her son.

"Mama, please. I think he wants me to meet me too. He was kicking my hands all morning!" Ezra exclaimed. He quickly rested his forehead against his mother's stomach as he tried to hug her.

"Buddy, please. I will know when he's ready. Go bother your father while I make dinner." Olivia sighed. Ezra started to whine again, but stopped when his mother started to countdown. He ran to find his father, while his mother took a few moments to herself before starting to make dinner.

"Did you send our kid to bother me?" Rafael asked, as he came into the kitchen after his wife called them for dinner.

"I did."

"Was he being annoying?"

"I don't want to say that our son was annoying me, but yes. He was. He kept asking me why Benny couldn't come tonight. And he said that Benny really wants to come tonight, because he wants to meet Ezra just as much as Ezra wants to meet him." Olivia sighed. 

"He's just excited, babe. You know that he isn't trying to annoy you."

"I know." Olivia breathed. She handed her husband a stack of plates, before moving and grabbing the silverware.

Ezra came running into the kitchen a few moments later, and he insisted on leading the family in grace. He started out with what he usually says, before finishing off by asking God to bring Benny to them that night. 

"You are horrible." Rafael chuckled as he reached out and ruffled his son's blonde curls.

"Nana said that God listens to my prayers, and that if I am a good enough boy and ask him nicely, he might just help me out. And I haven't asked for anything in a while, because I wanted to save it all for Benny!" Ezra grinned.

"He's trying to get express delivery on his brother, babe." Rafael smiled, but when he looked at his wife, she wasn't smiling.

"Mama?" Ezra breathed.

"Sorry, just keep eating. I'll be back soon." Olivia spoke. She left the table quickly, and Rafael followed her.

"What's wrong?" Rafael asked.

"I think I just had a contraction, but I can't tell. The pain felt different from what I experienced with Ez. Between his constant whining and asking for Benny to come sooner, to this pain... I'm just not feeling great."

"Okay, well maybe we should call your doctor?"

"Not yet, but I just need you to get Ezra to relax so I can focus on what this might be. Okay?"

"Of course. I will do anything for you."