- 38 -

"Pregnant?!" Lucia exclaimed as she jumped up and looked at her daughter-in-law. Olivia chuckled softly and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm pregnant. But like I said, I'm around six weeks so we can't tell Ezra. I don't want something to happen, and for my little guy to have a broken heart." Olivia spoke softly. She was scared that something would happen, especially since she has been very sick.

"Oh yeah, of course! We will pray like crazy that everything will be okay." Lucia spoke before walking over to Olivia and pulling her to her feet. They hugged tightly for several long moments before Olivia was passed to Catalina.

"If you three need anything at all, just call us. Okay?" Catalina smiled, and Olivia nodded.

"I promise to call you both. And you both better get prepared, because you will have your hands full with spoiling two grandbabies."

///

The next morning, Olivia got an appointment with her doctor to make sure that she and her baby were good and to get a doctor's note so she could return to work. Rafael was at work, so Olivia had to go alone. She was nervous, especially since she wanted everything to be okay.

"So, I'm surprised to see you, Olivia." Dr. Lee smiled as she walked into the exam room Olivia was waiting in.

"Well, it's because the ER told me I had to come and see you."

"The ER? What's wrong?" Dr. Lee asked quickly.

"I'm pregnant." Olivia smiled as tears welled in her eyes. Saying those words was still crazy for her.

"What?"

"Rafael and I have been trying for months, but nothing happened. But I started to feel really sick. I was getting sick and incredibly dizzy. So he took me to the hospital and my pregnancy test came back positive. The doctor thinks I'm around six weeks due to my levels." Olivia explained, as she quickly brushed a tear from her cheek.

"Are those happy tears or sad tears?" Dr. Lee asked.

"I'm really happy that we are having a baby, but I'm still scared. Ezra's pregnancy wasn't the easiest, but I didn't have too many symptoms. But I have already been super sick so far."

"Every pregnancy is different, so being sicker isn't shocking. Did they prescribe you any medicine?"

"Yeah, uh, these." Olivia spoke as she pulled the two bottles from her bag and passed them to her doctor. Dr. Lee wrote down the names before giving them back to Olivia.

"Okay, Olivia. I think it's time that we get this going. I'll take some blood again so I can know your levels and I'll examine you. This will all be over soon, and then you can go home and get some rest."

"Oh, I also need a note from you."

"For?" Dr. Lee questioned.

"For my boss. He sent me home because I was sick, and that's the only way I can go back to work."

"Are you sure that you want to go back right now?"

"I will take all the precautions that I need too to protect my child. I promise. He comes before me."

///

The baby and Olivia were doing good and continued to do good. The medicine Olivia was on helped with her morning sickness and her dizzy spells, which made it easier for her to work. She wasn't going on desk duty until she was showing, but then she'd be on desk duty and Fred would get a temporary partner until Olivia could come back. Olivia wasn't excited about that, but was willing to do anything for the sake of her little one.

"Ice cream and pizza? Tonight is awesome!" Ezra exclaimed as he and his parents stood in line to get ice cream after dinner.

"I'm glad you are having fun, Ez." Olivia smiled as she caressed her son's blonde curls.

"What are we doing after we eat ice cream?" Ezra questioned as he squirmed a bit in his spot.

"We are going home after we eat." Rafael chuckled.

"Can't we go to the park before it gets dark? Since Mama doesn't have to work this weekend, we can stay up late!" Ezra exclaimed, as he jumped in front of his parents and grinned at them.

"I will see how we feel in a bit. Until then, just chill out a bit." Olivia chuckled. Ezra giggled before moving to stand between his parents again. He rested his head against his mother's side as they continued to move through the line.

Once they got their ice cream and settled onto a bench, Olivia looked over at her husband before giving him a small nod. Rafael had the hardest time keeping Olivia's pregnancy a secret, so she was allowing him to tell Ezra about the baby.

"So, tonight is special." Rafael spoke as he watched as his son's face grew messier with every bite he took.

"Why?" Ezra mumbled.

"Because we have some news to share with you. Are you ready?"

"I guess." Ezra replied.

Rafael rolled his eyes a bit before smiling at his son.

"Mama has a baby in her belly." He spoke, and Ezra ignored his father as he continued to eat.

"Ezra Silas Benson." Olivia frowned, which grabbed her son's attention.

"What? Sorry, I'm hungry." Ezra smiled.

"Buddy, Daddy is talking to you. Please listen to him."

"Okay! What did you say, Daddy?" Ezra sighed.

"I said that Mama has a baby in her belly. The baby will be here in January of next year." Rafael smiled.

Ezra looked between his parents before a large, and goofy smile grew on his lips.

"Really? A baby?"

"Yeah, you are going to be a big brother. An amazing one." Olivia smiled.

///

Ezra convinced his parents to take him to the park after ice cream, so Olivia and Rafael sat together and chatted about their children.

"I'm so excited to meet this baby. And I can't wait to see the look on Ezra's face when he meets him." Olivia smiled as she held her husband's hand.

"I think we are going to get a daughter. But I'm also incredibly excited about everything to come. But I'm also happy that we can do this together. You didn't have to be alone from the start."

"I'm not as scared as I was before... and I guess it's all thanks to you. So thank you for being amazing and really taking care of me and supporting me."