- 31 -

Olivia was getting stared at as she was escorted into the precinct and taken to an interrogation room. Not only was she still in her wedding dress, she had black lines on her face from her mascara running.

"Do you want something to drink? Maybe a change of clothes?" Detective Munch asked, as he pulled the chair out for Olivia.

"I-i'm fine... but thanks for offering." Olivia whispered as she slowly sat down and smoothed out a wrinkle in her skirt.

"I'm going to go get another detective and we will be back soon. Just hold tight." Detective Munch frowned before he turned and left the room. 

Olivia leaned back a bit and closed her eyes as she tried to relax herself. As she tried to figure out if everyone would believe Sophie and Serena, and that she'd be spending her wedding night in a jail cell that smelt like pee.

"Olivia Benson?" Another man's voice asked, as he opened the door.

"Barba. Olivia Barba." Olivia replied nervously.

"Olivia, I'm Detective Elliot Stabler. I'm going to be asking you some questions about your foster daughter."

"She is my sister. I'm her guardian, since our mother is in jail." Olivia replied softly.

"Okay, well, she made some claims about you. Along with claims that your mother made."

"What claims? Because my mother is a known addict and nutcase. She-"

"Alright, I'm Adam Bently and I am Mrs. Barba's attorney." Adam spoke as he barged into the room.

"Mr. Bently, Olivia isn't under arrest. She doesn't need an attorney." Elliot sighed.

"She was taken in the middle of her reception and told that she was being questioned for possible child abuse. So, I believe that having me here would be wise." Adam replied.

"Okay, well, we have some questions to ask Olivia."

"Adam, I need to answer these." Olivia whispered, and Adam nodded slowly as he turned and looked at her.

"Don't answer anything that could incriminate you."

///

Olivia was in tears as Detective Munch, and Detective Stabler questioned her about the abuse of Sophie. Serena had called them and told them that Olivia was abusing Sophie, and even Sophie said that Olivia hit her.

Olivia kept denying all the claims, but they weren't believing her. Detective Munch had even told Olivia that he didn't think that she'd hurt Sophie, but now it seemed like they were believing Serena and Sophie over her.

"These pictures were taken by the CPS officer." Detective Stabler grumbled as he slid a stack of pictures towards Olivia.

Olivia slowly flipped through the pictures before swallowing hard. Sophie's body was covered with bruises and she had scrapes and cuts on her legs. Olivia's eyes went wide before shaking her head.

"These aren't from me... I would never hit my sister... Sophie falls sometimes, and she runs into things, so that must be where these bruises are from."

"Olivia, don't lie to us-"

"If my client says that she didn't do this, then she didn't do it. So if she isn't under arrest, then I'm taking her home." Adam spoke.

"She is under arrest for the abuse of Sophie Benson." Detective Stabler spoke, as Olivia started to sob.

"What?! No! I didn't hurt her!" Olivia sobbed, as Detective Stabler pulled her to her feet before quickly cuffing her.

///

Adam sped back to the reception hall and found Rafael outside. He was pacing with Ezra in his arms, while the party continued inside.

"Rafael!" Adam exclaimed, as he parked his car and went walking to them.

"Where's Liv?" Rafael questioned.

"They are charging her with abusing Sophie."

"What?! Olivia never laid a hand on her!" Rafael exclaimed, before swearing quietly to himself as Ezra whimpered in his arms and started to cry. Today was a big day, and it took a lot out of the little boy.

"I know, and she kept saying that... but they didn't believe her. She has to stay in jail till Monday, when she'll be taken to court. We are going to be entering a not guilty plead and this will go to trial."

"Olivia would never hurt Sophie! You know that, Adam! And so does that damn Detective Munch!"

"Rafael, make arrangements with Ezra and I'll take you to the jail to see her."

"I want to see the evidence that they have against her."

"There are pictures-"

"I. Want. To. See. Them." Rafael ordered.

///

Olivia was given a change of clothes, and her dress was shoved into a garbage bag for Olivia to take home if she was released. She was numb and in pain. All she could think about was how no one was listening to her and believing her. She was telling the truth, yet they were believing a woman that had been charged with abusing not only Sophie but also Olivia. Serena had a past, but Olivia didn't.

"Babe." Rafael spoke gently, as he approached the cell. Olivia looked up from her hands before shaking her head when she saw her husband.

"Go home, Rafa."

"Liv, we will get you out of here. Adam is an amazing lawyer, and I'm going to help him prepare."

"No one will believe me. Everyone hates me, so they will only listen and trust Serena and Sophie over me..." Olivia grumbled, before turning her body to face the wall.

"Don't you dare give up, Mrs. Barba. We have a life to live together, so you gotta keep moving forward."

"Did you look at the pictures? The ones that show all of her bruises and cuts?" Olivia sniffled as she hesitantly stood before moving to the bars.

"I haven't yet. But I can." Rafael replied before opening up the folder he was holding. He flipped through the pictures before stopping and staring at one.

"Why does Sophie have long hair?" Rafael questioned.

"What?" Olivia breathed.

"Sophie has super short hair now. This is when her hair was longer, like from before we got her." Rafael spoke.

"So?" Olivia frowned as she looked at the picture.

"So these aren't from this investigation. You are getting out of here tonight."

Rafael quickly left Olivia and went into the waiting area. He grabbed Adam's arm before pulling him to his feet.

"What are you doing?" Adam asked.

"These pictures are old. Sophie has a pixie cut now. It's really short, and in these, her hair is really long. Her hair doesn't grow this fast, and they are holding my wife on false charges."