- 16 -

Two full days after Ezra was born, Olivia and her baby were released from the hospital. Rafael was planning on driving them home and back to the apartment, but they barely got to the lobby before Danny was there.

"Let me see him." Danny demanded, and Olivia looked up from her son before sighing softly.

"Danny, get away from me and my son. You aren't supposed to be in contact with me, so if you want to talk to me... get in contact with my lawyer." Olivia huffed as she held her son closer. 

"Olivia-"

"Don't you dare talk down to me or demand anything from me. After what you have done to me, you have no right to ask for things. So get away from me." Olivia spoke loudly and firmly. She would not crumple regarding her son. 

"Give me the fucking baby." Danny growled, and that is when the nurse who was pushing the wheelchair stepped in.

"Take a step back from my patient. Security is standing right over there, just waiting to escort someone out."

"This is fucking dumb!"

///

Rafael didn't know what happened between his girlfriend and Danny. He just thought that the elevator must have been busy and that's why it took them longer to get outside. Olivia didn't even mention it until they got home and she had managed to feed and change Ezra and getting a shower.

"You look exhausted." Rafael spoke softly, as Olivia came out of the bathroom. She still was uncomfortable and in a bit of pain, but she knew that she'd do it all again as long as it meant she had a healthy baby boy at the end.

"I am... but I'm also happy. Even if all this shit might hit the fan soon." Olivia breathed, as she moved towards her boyfriend. Rafael stood up and wrapped his arms around her waist before pressing several soft kisses to her lips as they heard Ezra let out a loud yawn from his bassinet.

"We will figure everything out as it comes. And Adam is fighting for us... I think that everything will turn out just fine."

"Danny came to the hospital and demanded to see Ezra. I told him that he couldn't and that he needed to contact us through our lawyer." Olivia frowned.

"Did he touch you or Ezra at all?"

"No, he never touched us. Just got into my face and got all shitty with me. He was being demanding and it sucked because it made me feel like he was going to get anything he wanted... and I don't want him to have Ezra."

"Olivia, I am so sorry." Rafael frowned, and Olivia nodded slowly.

"It's okay. This isn't your fault... I guess that I should have picked my donor a little better." Olivia sighed.

Rafael and Olivia laid together in bed. Rafael held Olivia close and rubbed her back as he tried to lull her to sleep. It was hard, but eventually she fell asleep and Rafael was left to thinking.

He was thinking about how hard it would be on everyone if Ezra was lost to the Mounts. If he was raised by his other set of grandparents and his jackass of a father.

Rafael managed to get Olivia to lay on her pillow, and he climbed out of bed before moving to the bassinet. He looked in and smiled as he saw Ezra sleeping with his fist shoved firmly beneath his chin.

"I love you, Ez. I never did think that I'd want to be a father so young, but you and your Mama really made me change my mind."

///

A few days later, Lucia and Catalina came over to visit their grandson. Rafael was at the office and helping Adam with their case, so Olivia was home alone with Ezra.

He had proven to be an easy baby that just wanted to be cuddled all the time, so Olivia wasn't too worried about being left alone with him for a few hours.

"Oh, little man." Lucia smiled, as she held Ezra close.

"You are such a baby hog." Catalina sighed, from where she sat beside her daughter and looked at the little baby in her arms.

"Hey, I got him first. You should have moved faster." Lucia grinned.

"Maybe you and Rafa should have another baby. Then my arms won't be so empty when my daughter is being a baby hog." Catalina smiled, and Olivia shook her head.

"I'm sorry, Catalina... but I'm not ready for another baby. And I don't think that Rafael and I will be having another kid any time soon. Trust me." Olivia chuckled.

They sat and talked about Ezra and how amazing he made them feel. No matter how small that little boy was, he truly made them a family.

Then at around noon, Rafael got home and sighed deeply as he asked Olivia to join him in the kitchen.

"What's happening?" Olivia asked, and Rafael swallowed hard as he placed his hands to her hips.

"The Mounts requested a court date and got one. We are due in court next Monday, where they will be addressing Ezra's custody."

"They have a shot, huh?" Olivia frowned, and Rafael nodded slowly.

"Unfortunately. Adam said that just in case... we need to be prepared to hand him over."

"Rafael... I don't want to hand my son over! He's our son! What can we do?!" Olivia cried weakly. She didn't want Lucia, Catalina, nor Ezra to hear her. She didn't need to be upset and have a fussy baby on top of everything else.

"We can prove that Danny didn't want anything to do with Ezra until he knew you were happy. Do you still have those texts on your phone? The voicemails?"

"I-i do... I was told to not get rid of them..."

"Who told you that?" Rafael asked.

"You did. You told me that if anything happened, I had to be able to prove that Danny wanted nothing to do with the baby. And I even have the check and stuff that they gave me to try and pay me off."

"Good... go find those and we will give them all to Adam. I think those might end up being all we need."