- 3 -

After sleeping together for the first time in a while, Olivia and Danny fell away from each other. Olivia moved out of her car after getting the apartment she applied for, and Danny continued through school.

Their lives were drastically different, and it was clear. Olivia worked her ass off to support herself and make sure she kept a roof over her head, while Danny got to enjoy his senior year. He was going to enjoy his senior year until the point where Olivia got in contact with him after months of not speaking.

"Danny?" Olivia asked as she approached him. She had called him and asked if they could talk, and now it was time for that talk. Olivia was nervous as hell, and she felt like she had an enormous lump in her throat that was making everything worse.

"Liv." Danny smiled, as he stood and moved to Olivia. They hugged awkwardly before moving back to the table and sitting across from each other. 

"How have you been?" Olivia breathed, and Danny smiled from ear to ear as he prepared himself to answer.

"I've been amazing, Liv. Gillian Stewart and I are dating now. I didn't think that I could ever love someone as much as I love her." Danny grinned.

Olivia bit her lip before forcing a smile.

"I'm glad for you, Danny. You deserve to be happy."

"Thanks. So how are you?"

"Uh, feeling like shit at the moment because I know you might hate me." Olivia breathed.

"Why would I hate you?" Danny mused, and Olivia swallowed hard before looking behind Danny and at the menu.

"I think I'm going to go get something to drink. I'll be back soon." Olivia spoke quickly before she stood and slipped past a few people and to the line.

Danny examined Olivia, but couldn't notice anything different about her appearance other than she looked like she wasn't a stick anymore. He was hoping that she was taking care of herself, since she hadn't been before.

After about twenty minutes of standing in line and then waiting for her drink, Olivia moved back to sit across from Danny. She held her hot chocolate tightly between her hands in hopes of stopping them from shaking.

"What's wrong? You rarely are this nervous around me." Danny breathed. Olivia swallowed hard before looking up from her cup.

"When we slept together last, we talked about why I left my mother's apartment... And that was because I wanted kids and a family sooner rather than later... and I guess sooner is happening." Olivia breathed.

"Are you with someone? Liv, are you already getting married?" Danny asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"I'm pregnant... Danny, we are going to be parents." Olivia whispered tearfully. She was excited, but she didn't know what Danny would say or what he would want to do.

"What?"

"I'm sorry. I saw that you were in a relationship with Gillian on your profile... but I didn't want to hide this from you. It's a huge thing."

"Are you sure that it's mine?"

"Yeah, I'm sure..." Olivia breathed. 

They sat there in silence for several moments, before Danny shook his head.

"It may be my kid, but I'm not going to be it's father. This will fuck up everything with Gillian, and I can always have more kids but I can't live without her... so please leave me alone. Don't contact me." Danny spoke, before standing. Olivia nodded slowly but grabbed Danny's arm before he could walk away all together.

"Do you want your name on it's birth certificate or just leave it blank?" Olivia breathed.

"I don't want anyone to know, Olivia."

"Okay."

///

Olivia hadn't really expected much when she went in to see Danny and tell him about the baby, but she really hadn't expected to find out that Danny wanted absolutely nothing to do with his child. Their child. 

But Olivia knew that she had no right to force Danny into something that he wasn't ready for. Something that he would never be ready for with her.

"How'd the talk go?" Olivia's friend, Chloe, asked as Olivia clocked in for the day.

"Well, I didn't expect Danny to want to step up and be with me and the baby, so I wasn't disappointed."

"He doesn't want to be involved?" Chloe asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"He doesn't want anyone to know at all... So I guess I won't have to wonder anymore..." Olivia sighed.

"You'll find someone who wants to be with you and love you and that baby. Trust me." Chloe smiled.

"I'm just gonna do what I can to be a good mom. Better than mine... that is my only want." Olivia sighed. Olivia moved towards her locker before shoving her stuff inside. She raked her fingers through her hair before tying it back.

"Olivia, someone is here to see you." The manager spoke. Olivia turned and looked at Chloe before nodding slowly.

"I'll see you on the floor."

///

Olivia went out and saw Danny standing by the doors. She frowned as she approached him, because she didn't know what else he would have to say.

"Hey..." Olivia trailed off as she got to his side.

"I don't even want the chance to come back. So tell me what I have to do to be completely unattached to that kid." Danny spoke.

"I don't even know. Danny, this is my first time with this all. I can't just tell you what you need to do. Go talk to someone. Look it up. Just don't come asking me for advice in regards to leaving the kid behind."

"Did you really think that I would want to be with you?" Danny spat.

"You made it seem like you wanted to be with me after you fucked me." Olivia mumbled. 

"I was pity fucking you. I love Gillian and only her. So let me sign this kid away or something."

"Contact a lawyer or something. I'm sure your parents have one."

"You make it seem like I'm some rich brat."

"I don't think that, I know that. When we were creating this kid-"

"We didn't do anything!"

"We slept together and now I'm having your kid. But what I was saying is that your parents were in Paris when we slept together. We were sleeping together in your king sized bed and I followed you back to your mansion and your car is a BMW. So talk to your Mommy and Daddy's lawyer and see if he can help you sign away the rights to your child. Our child."