- 10 -

Olivia was off the next day, so she used her time to work on her son's baby book and organizing the kitchen. Then after a nap, she went out to get groceries since she wanted to make Rafael dinner instead of getting take out.

Olivia was stopping in the baking aisle so she could find something to make Rafael something for dessert when she heard a small sigh. Olivia quickly pulled her cart closer and out of the way, but that wasn't why the woman was sighing. Olivia turned and saw as the woman passed before she stopped in front of Olivia's cart.

"Who knocked you up?" Serena sighed, and Olivia frowned as she rested her hand against her stomach and grew embarrassed.

"Daniel Mount. I've gone to school with him my whole life." Olivia breathed.

"I bet you had to pay him to sleep with you... You are such a stupid girl. Thinking that you are ready to be a mother! You can barely take care of yourself!" Serena laughed bitterly.

"I don't have to take your shit anymore. I'm happy without you, so leave me alone..." Olivia trailed off with a sigh before pushing her cart forward and forcing her mother out of her way.

"I'm happy without you, Olivia! I don't have to deal with your crazy dreams and shit! I don't have to lie to you about loving you or caring about you! I'm way better off without some unwanted rape baby around to mess things up!" Serena yelled. 

Tears streamed down Olivia's cheeks as she froze at the end of the aisle. 

"You never told me that you loved me or cared for me, Serena. You were never meant to be a mother, but I am. I'm meant to be a mother to my little boy, while you can't even keep a freaking plant alive... take care or don't, Serena." Olivia spoke, before continuing out of the aisle as several more tears slipped down her cheeks.

///

Rafael got home that night and found that Olivia had made him dinner and even dessert. He always told her that he didn't need dinner waiting for him when he got home. He liked cooking and if she was too tired to do more than order food, he was fine with that. He didn't fall in love with her because she could cook, because she really wasn't great at it.

"Love, it smells amazing in here." Rafael smiled as he walked into the kitchen. Olivia turned around from the stove and smiled at him.

"Thanks, Rafa. I tried my hardest."

"How was your day?" Rafael asked, before he moved closer to Olivia and pressed a soft kiss to her cheek.

"It was okay, not great."

"What happened?" Rafael frowned, as he moved to the sink and rinsed out his to-go mug.

"Nothing... it doesn't matter. How was work?" Olivia sighed.

"Liv-"

"Please just tell me how your day was, Rafa. Please."

"It was fine. We were slow so Adam let me work on my school work. Moving to online has been the best choice for me."

"Then we get to spend more time together, which I like. I kinda hate being away from you... especially today." Olivia spoke, whispering the last part. Seeing Serena today was really driving her nuts, and she hated how Serena thought that she loved and cared for her daughter when she only truly did the bare minimum to keep her alive.

"What happened today, Liv?" Rafael asked, as Olivia took the pot off the stove before turning it off.

"I saw my mother today. We fought in the baking section of the grocery store. She said that I probably had to pay Danny to get me pregnant. She really thinks that I'm unwanted by everyone. At this point I believe her... she has told me almost every day for the first seventeen years of my life that she didn't want me and never would... so why would anyone else?" Olivia struggled to speak. 

"I want you." Rafael replied plainly, because he didn't really know what else to say. What else would make Olivia feel better about herself.

"Thanks, but I sleep with you. I'm assuming that getting fucked every once and awhile really makes you want a person." Olivia sighed. She moved passed her boyfriend and grabbed two plates before going to make her small kitchen table.

"Olivia, I have wanted you since before you even slept with me. Love, your mother doesn't truly know you. She doesn't know how amazing you are because she never gave you a chance. Just forget about today, because tomorrow will be better." Rafael smiled, before moving and wrapping his arms around Olivia's body. He held her close before kissing Olivia's neck softly.

"Thanks, Rafa... uh, dinner is almost completely ready. I'm sorry if pasta isn't what you wanted." Olivia whispered.

"It's going to be great, Liv."

///

The next night, Rafael was going to be staying at his mother and grandmother's apartment. He had a test he had to take and he needed the decent internet to do it. He also wanted to give Olivia the chance to talk to them about everything happening if she had wanted too.

"You are getting really good at cooking, Liv." Catalina smiled after dinner had been made and eaten. Now she and Olivia were washing dishes while Lucia put everything away and made up a plate to send home with Olivia.

"Thanks. I've been trying to get better. I want to be able to cook for Rafael and my little guy eventually." 

"Rafael said that you aren't naming the baby until after he's born?" Lucia asked, and Olivia nodded.

"Yeah, I want to meet my baby before naming him. And Rafael needs to meet him too before he can toss names out." Olivia spoke.

"You are letting him help you name the baby?" Catalina mused, and Olivia nodded.

"He's going to be his father." Olivia sighed softly. She was glad that her son would have a father, especially since she never had one.

"Are you doing okay, Liv?" Lucia finally asked, as Olivia took a pile of plates and put them away.

"Yeah... why wouldn't I be?"

"Because Rafael told us that you saw your mother."

"Oh... yeah I didn't want to see her. But she saw me and it's kinda hard to miss the fact that I'm pregnant... she was mean about it."

"Well, don't listen to her. I don't know her, but I do know you. I know that you are amazing girl and we are so lucky to have you be apart of our family. And we are extremely thankful for you because you are giving us a grandbaby. And I can't wait to spoil him." Lucia smiled.

"I love you two... I haven't said it before, but I hope you knew it even before I said it. It's nice to have a family."