- 39 -

Olivia was only on active duty for another four weeks, but she wasn't angry about that. She had no control over when she started to show, so she just accepted it and enjoyed the fact that her days were easier and she didn't put her child at risk.

At sixteen weeks, Olivia had yet another appointment, and this time Ezra joined her. She was hoping that she'd be able to find out the sex of her baby, because waiting another four weeks would be an unbearable wait.

"Mama, what are we doing today?" Ezra asked as he and his mother sat together in the waiting room of her doctor's office.

"We are going to see the baby today." Olivia smiled.

"How can we see the baby? He's in your belly." Ezra questioned, as his eyes went wide. Olivia smiled softly as she ran her fingers through Ezra's curls.

"The tech will do this thing called an ultrasound. It shows a black and white picture of the baby."

"Like the last picture you showed me?" Ezra asked, and Olivia nodded.

"Yeah, like the last one. But this time, the baby will be much bigger."

Olivia continued to answer all of her son's questions before finally getting her name called. She and Ezra followed the tech back to the ultrasound room, and it wasn't long before both Olivia and Ezra were mesmerized as they watched the screen. Ezra asked the tech questions, and she always answered them and made sure that he knew exactly what they were looking at. Eventually, the tech was able to clearly see the baby's sex.

"So, do you want to know what the baby is?"

"Uh, yeah." Olivia smiled as Ezra grabbed her hand as a smile lit up his face.

"Alright, well, it looks like you are getting another boy. Congrats."

///

Olivia and Ezra headed over to see Rafael after her appointment. Ezra couldn't stop talking about getting a baby brother, and Olivia had to calm him down so he wouldn't just blurt the news out as soon as he saw his father.

"Daddy!" Ezra exclaimed as he and his mother walked into Rafael's office.

"Hey, Ez! I didn't think I'd see you until tonight." Rafael smiled as he stood before lifting his son up and hugging him close.

"Mama said we had to see you now! We gotta tell you something awesome!" Ezra almost yelled, since he was so excited.

"What's the awesome news, Liv?" Rafael questioned, and before Olivia could even open her mouth to respond, Ezra was telling Rafael the news.

"I'm getting a baby brother! I saw him on the screen today, and I got to see his hands and his face! It was awesome, Daddy! I can't wait to meet him!" 

"What?" Rafael breathed.

"Maybe next time we will get a girl, but for now we are having another son." Olivia smiled softly. She handed the sonogram to her husband, and he sat Ezra down before grabbing it.

He looked it over before smiling softly.

"Are you happy, Daddy? Because I am." Ezra smiled.

"Am I happy? Ez, I am so happy. Now I'm going to have two amazing boys with the best woman in the world. I'm beyond happy." Rafael spoke before looking over at his wife as she blinked away tears.

///

They waited to tell Catalina and Lucia until after they came up with a name for the baby. It took nearly a month to come up with a name that all three of them liked, and it was finally time to tell Lucia and Catalina, whom hadn't been waiting patiently. They kept asking Olivia if she had found out yet, but Olivia kept lying to them and said no.

"Grandma! Nana! I'm here!" Ezra exclaimed as he went sprinting into Catalina and Lucia's apartment. Rafael and Olivia had barely made it down the hall before Ezra was letting himself into the apartment.

"But so are we." Rafael laughed as he followed his son into the apartment. Ezra was already getting hugged by Catalina, and she didn't seem to even notice her grandson's presence or Olivia's either.

"Clearly we don't care about you and Olivia, honey." Lucia smiled as she moved over and stole Ezra from her mother.

"Clearly." Olivia teased as she elbowed her husband in his side.

Once everyone was greeted and dinner was ordered, Rafael passed his mother the sonogram picture from Olivia's sixteen week appointment.

"Awe, my sweet grandbaby." Lucia smiled as she looked over the picture.

"He's going to look a lot like Rafael." Olivia spoke, but her subtle way of telling Lucia and Catalina that she was having a boy went completely missed.

"Ma, did you hear Olivia?" Rafael asked.

"I'm sorry, honey. No, I didn't." Lucia chuckled.

"She said that he is going to look like me." Rafael repeated.

"He? As in that baby, is a boy?" Lucia questioned quickly.

"Yeah, Ma. You are getting another grandson." Rafael grinned.

The room was filled with a lot of noise for a while after that. Olivia, Rafael, and even Ezra were passed between the two very excited grandmothers. Eventually, everyone calmed down again, and Ezra went downstairs with Rafael to grab dinner. So Olivia was left alone with Lucia and Catalina.

"Do you have a name picked out yet?"

"We do. So, we actually found out that we were having a boy at my sixteen week ultrasound, but we decided to wait to tell you until after we figured out his name."

"So? Is he going to be Rafael Barba Jr.?" Lucia asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"No, we decided on Benjamin Adam. Benjamin because we just loved that name, and Adam after Rafael's boss. Since he has helped us out so much over the past several years."

"I like that way better than naming him after Rafa."

They sat in silence for a while before Olivia spoke again.

"Do you think that Rafael and I will do well with two kids?" Olivia whispered.

"What do you mean?" 

"Well, do you think that we will be able to be good parents to two kids instead of just one? Especially because our marriage was really rocky for a while. We rarely talked, we never kissed or hugged... I'm just scared that this pregnancy might make things more complicated."