- 47 -

"What stuff, Sophie?" Olivia asked as she looked her little sister over. Sophie swallowed hard before looking back at her hands.

"Can you help me get this blood off my hands?" Sophie mumbled, and Olivia nodded.

"I can in a few minutes. I just need to know why you stabbed Serena. What she was allowing to happen to you."

"I'm not sorry for what I did. She deserved it." Sophie huffed, and Olivia nodded hesitantly.

"Why did she deserve it?" 

"She let those men put their hands on me, and then made me buy and sell drugs for her! I'm a kid, Liv! I shouldn't even be near that stuff! She makes me carry all of her drugs when we are outside of the apartment, so she can run and I can get stuck with it all! Liv, I needed to get out! I'm out now, so please take care of me!" Sophie cried. Olivia sighed softly before moving around the table. She pulled her little sister into a tight hug before kissing the top of her head gently.

"I'm going to get you cleaned up now." Olivia spoke.

"Am I going to jail?" Sophie asked, and Olivia shrugged.

"That isn't my call... but you will know soon. I'm sorry."

///

Olivia had just laid Sophie down in the cribs when the ADA arrived.

"So we had a stabbing?" She asked, and Olivia nodded.

"A nine-year-old little girl stabbed her mother three times in the chest." Olivia replied weakly. She hadn't met this woman before, so she didn't want to fight with her yet.

"And you are?"

"Olivia Barba. I'm Stabler's new partner." Olivia explained.

"Alex Cabot. Now, where is the girl? Is she in the tombs?" Alex asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"She's sleeping."

"Where?"

"In the cribs."

"In the cribs? She is violent. She needs to be in an interrogation room. So move her, and talk to her again. I need to know what is happening." Alex ordered.

Elliot watched as Olivia's face grew red, and her hands balled into fists by her sides.

"She's nine. She isn't violent. Sophie needs to get some sleep and-"

"I don't work for you, Officer Barba. You work for me, so do as I say. Thanks." Alex smiled before walking towards Cragen's office.

Olivia was beyond pissed off, and she wanted to punch that blonde bitch. But she stopped herself and looked at Elliot.

"Sophie was hurt, Elliot. I don't want to throw her back into the interrogation room right now." Olivia mumbled.

"I will carry her in there and she can keep sleeping. Okay?"

"And I'm a fucking detective." Olivia growled. Elliot walked over to Olivia before gently touching her shoulder.

"Olivia, take a breath and go cool off. I'll deal with this and make sure that Cabot knows you are a detective."

///

Olivia took a bit to cool off before heading back upstairs. She found Elliot and Fin sitting in the room with Sophie, as they continued to interrogate her. Olivia wanted to scream, because she was supposed to be the one talking to her sister. She knew what Sophie was going through, but now she can't even be of any comfort to her.

"I can see that Detective Stabler knows how to do his job, when you don't." 

"Okay, Cabot... I know how to do my job. I got her to talk the first time, and she told me what happened. I believe her, and I think that this is just overkill." Olivia huffed.

"No-" Alex started, but stopped when Sophie started sobbing in the room. She quickly climbed off her chair and ran to the door. She pounded on it as she cried for Olivia. 

"Captain." Olivia breathed as tears burned her eyes. She hated to hear her baby sister in such distress.

"Go to her." Cragen spoke. 

Olivia quickly opened the door, and Sophie ran through and knocked Olivia down. She wrapped her arms around her sister's neck as she sobbed.

"Sissy, make them stop. I don't want to talk about this anymore! Please! Help me!" Sophie sobbed.

"Are you her sister?" Alex asked with wide eyes.

"She's my half sister. I-"

"And the woman? Is she your mother too? Are you trying to cover this up?! Detective, I will have your badge!" Alex yelled, and Olivia just blocked her out as she held her sister close.

"It's okay, Soph. I have you... you are safe."

///

Olivia was sent home, but she went to the hospital instead. She found her way into the ICU, and she flashed her badge to get into Serena's room.

Olivia stood at the foot of the bed and looked her mother over. Serena was incredibly pale and had oxygen nubbins in her nose. She was quiet, but with each deep breath, her face contorted with pain.

"Nurse, can I have some water?" Serena breathed hoarsely as she barely opened her eyes.

"Uh, sure." Olivia replied softly. She grabbed the pitcher and a cup before pouring a little water into it. She carried it to Serena before helping her drink it.

"Thanks." Serena whispered, as she slowly reached up and rubbed her eyes.

"No problem." Olivia spoke awkwardly. She moved back to the foot of the bed, and Serena finally opened her eyes and spotted her eldest.

"Olivia?"

"Yeah... how are you doing?" Olivia breathed.

"Do you honestly care? You don't come around for years and then show up when I'm dying?"

"I showed up because Sophie is being interrogated by my squad. I had to find out that my own mother was using her daughter to buy and sell drugs, while also letting all her sleazy friends touch her little girl. You claimed that Sophie was different... that she was special because she wasn't a mistake. Then you do this? Like what the actual fuck is going through your brain?"

"She stabbed me! I'm the victim! Not her! So let her rot in prison for the rest of her life. I don't care."