- 46 -

Olivia finished up her paperwork before turning it in to her captain. She went back out with him, and he got the attention of his detectives.

"Alright, guys, this is our new detective. Olivia, this John Munch, Fin Tutuola, and Elliot Stabler."

"Olivia Benson?" Munch asked, as he stood and looked at Olivia.

"Olivia Barba, but yes." Olivia replied.

"Wow, I didn't know you had plans on going to the academy. When we talked-"

"When we talked last, you were trying to pin false abuse charges on me. So we weren't discussing what I wanted to do in the future." Olivia smiled.

"Uh, okay then... Fin and John are partners, so you can take Stabler. Make yourself comfortable and feel free to bring in stuff to personalize your desk." Cragen spoke awkwardly, before walking back into his office. 

The tension in the room was thick, but Olivia didn't care. She didn't care that Munch and Elliot were uncomfortable since they did this to themselves. They fucked her over, and she would not let them just forget it.

"So what have you been up to?" Elliot asked as he brought Olivia a cup of coffee.

"Thanks, uh, I have been working and taking care of my family."

"Did you end up getting your sister back?" Elliot asked awkwardly, and Olivia shook her head.

"I don't know where she is."

"Oh, I'm sorry..." Elliot trailed off, and Olivia just shrugged. She took a sip from her mug before looking at Elliot.

"We will have to figure out how to work together." Olivia spoke.

"I-i know we will have too. I just never expected for you to join our squad. That I'd ever see you again."

"I just want you to know that you won't be getting rid of me. I'm here to prove myself and to make my husband and kids proud."

"Kids?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded.

"I have two sons that think I fight bad guys every day. Not like a cop, but like a superhero. I don't want to let them down."

"I'll help you make a name for yourself here. I got your back."

"You better, because my husband will be out for blood if I die."

"My wife will be too."

"Then I guess neither of us can die. Now, do you want to get better coffee? This stuff sucks." Olivia smiled softly, and Elliot chuckled and nodded.

"John makes the coffee, and it always tastes like sludge."

///

Olivia's first day was better than she had expected. She and Elliot talked, and she found out that Benny and Elliot's youngest son were the same age. They agreed a playdate would be nice, and then Olivia and Elliot's family could meet.

"Hey, babe." Rafael smiled when his wife walked into the house. The boys were eating dinner with Lucia and Catalina, so Olivia and Rafael had the house to themselves.

"Hi." Olivia smiled as she sat her bag down before moving to her husband. She wrapped her arms around his body and kissed him deeply, which shocked Rafael. At the beginning of his wife's shift, she said she was going to throw up because she was so worked up and nervous, but now she was kissing him with passion that he hasn't seen in a while.

"Whoa." Rafael breathed as he looked at his wife. 

"I had a great day, and I know that this is where I belong." Olivia whispered.

"That is incredible, Liv. I'm so glad that you are happy and like your job!" Rafael grinned.

"Now that we caught up a bit, the boys aren't home so we should take this opportunity to get in some alone time."

"You wanna make love right now?" Rafael asked, and Olivia nodded.

"Yeah, right now. So let's go."

"I will not say no." Rafael spoke, as his wife grabbed his hand and led him to the stairs.

They barely made it into their bedroom when Olivia's phone rang. Olivia quickly pulled it out before groaning as she read Elliot's name.

"What's wrong?" Rafael asked, and Olivia frowned as she looked at him.

"It's work."

"Oh, okay. We can do this another night."

"It depends on if I'm getting called in or not... just go get undressed, and if it's not super important, we can do this real quick and then I can head in."

"Liv-"

"I really want this, so please. Go."

///

Olivia went into work an hour after the call. She told Elliot that she had to take care of a few things in regards to her children, but instead she slept with her husband.

"Hey, sorry to call you back." Elliot frowned.

"It's okay. What's happening?" Olivia asked as she raked her fingers through her messy hair.

"We got a call."

"Okay? What is the thing we have to investigate?"

"Let me show you." Elliot spoke. He led Olivia towards an interrogation room, before pointing in. Olivia looked at a young girl and didn't know who she was.

"What happened to her?" Olivia breathed.

"She stabbed her mother three times in the chest."

"Oh geez. Uh, how is the mother?"

"She's alive, but in a critical condition in the hospital."

"Okay. So should we-"

"Liv, that's Sophie."

"What?"

"That's your little sister."

"Oh, my god. Okay, uh, let me talk to her. I won't try to protect her..."

"Liv-"

"Stabler, I'm good. Trust me."

"We are going to be watching, okay?"

"Okay."

///

Olivia took a few moments to put her hair up and try to relax. She didn't want to go in and start to freak out, so she needed to prepare herself.

"I'm Detective Barba." Olivia spoke as she entered the room. She had interrogation training before she got her placement, so she thought she had this.

"I don't want to talk to anyone." She huffed, and Olivia nodded.

"Sophie, you can talk to me. Tell me what happened."

"No! I'm not telling you-"

"Sophie, listen to me when I say that you can trust me. So let's talk."

Sophie looked up from her blood-stained hands, and her eyes went wide when she saw her big sister.

"Liv?"

"Yeah, Soph. It's me. I heard you stabbed Mom three times in the chest?"

"I had no other choice." She whispered, and Olivia frowned as she sank down in front of her baby sister.

"Why not?"

"She was letting them do things to me... stuff that they shouldn't have been doing."