- 25 -

Olivia knew that seeing her mother and finding out about her little sister was going to leave her wondering. And she knew that if she didn't meet Sophie, that she'd regret it for the rest of her life. So Olivia dropped Ezra off with Lucia and Catalina, before heading towards her mother's apartment. She had done some research and found out that her mother never moved, which made things much easier.

Olivia slipped in after another resident left, and she made her way upstairs and to her mother's apartment. She stood outside of the door and took slow breaths as she heard her little sister squeal and laugh from inside. For some reason she honestly couldn't believe that her mother was being a good mother to Sophie, after she had been such a shitty one to herself.

"Just knock... you need to meet your sister." Olivia whispered to herself before reaching out and hesitantly knocking on the door. She closed her eyes tightly and was just about to turn and walk away, when the door opened. Olivia turned back and swallowed hard when she spotted her mother.

"Olivia, what are you doing here?" Serena asked, and Olivia swallowed hard again before making eye contact with her mother.

"Rafael told me about Sophie... how you came to see me to get money for her inhaler. If you would have told me that instead of being a complete... a giant jerk about it all, I would have given you the money. Instead, you chose to attack me again and again, just like you always did." Olivia rambled.

"I needed the money and I got it, so I don't need you or your boyfriend anymore." Serena sighed.

"He's my fiance, mother. And I honestly think that you are probably beating Sophie." Olivia huffed.

"Excuse me?! Do you honestly think I'd beat your little sister?!" Serena spat.

"You beat me! Why wouldn't you beat her?!" Olivia cried.

"Because I love her and wanted her!" Serena yelled.

Olivia froze for a moment before shaking her head. She raked her fingers through her hair before turning and heading down the hall. She made it three doors down before turning around and stomping towards her mother.

"You don't deserve to be happy. You don't deserve a redo baby... you had me and you didn't prove to be a good parent. You beat me, starved me... and you always tore me down. You said that no one would ever want to have a baby with me. That no one would ever love me. You always told me that I was the biggest mistake of your life and that I was the spawn of Satan because you were raped. But I never wanted to be born to a mother like you. It's not my fault that my biological father hurt you, it happened and I never should have been punished for it." Olivia growled, before looking down and seeing her little sister standing beside their mother's legs.

"Go away." Serena spat.

"I feel sorry for her, Serena. And I hope that she doesn't get fucked over like I did... because as soon as you put your hand on her and try to hurt her, I will find out and you will never see that precious baby girl again. Trust me."

///

Olivia went to work after seeing her mother, and she just felt pissed off at everyone and everything. All she could think about was Sophie and how messed up her life might end up if Serena decides to blame her for everything.

On her lunch break, Olivia sat in the food court and played with her salad until her fiance sat in front of her.

"What are you doing here?" Olivia frowned as she passed her salad across the table. Rafael accepted it before handing Olivia a coffee.

"I may have tracked your phone this morning and saw that you ended up in Manhattan. The bad part where you used to live." Rafael replied.

"Oh, yeah... I had to take a detour after dropping Ez off with your mother and grandmother." Olivia lied.

"Hey, I know that you are lying. Don't waste your energy." Rafael spoke as he watched Olivia.

"I'm not-"

"Did you need to see Sophie?" Rafael questioned, and Olivia nodded weakly.

"Y-yeah. I couldn't help myself. I wanted to see if she looked hurt at all, but instead she was giggling and squealing when I showed up. I could hear it through the door." Olivia whimpered as tears started to burn her eyes.

"Babe." Rafael frowned.

"I just don't understand, Rafa. Why couldn't she love me?!" Olivia sobbed. She reached her hands out to her fiance, and he stood and walked around the table before pulling Olivia to her feet. He hugged her tightly as her body shook and she couldn't even say anything else because she had melted into her tears.

"I don't know why your mother was such a monster to you and why she couldn't love you, but know that you are incredibly loved by so many other people. She doesn't matter anymore and never will. I promise." Rafael breathed. He gave Olivia a tight squeeze before he felt as she fought his embrace. They seperated, before Rafael passed Olivia a napkin and she cleaned her face up.

"She was raped, and you know that. She hates me for what my father did to her. She hates me for something I didn't know, something that I couldn't have prevented. I was just an innocent baby when she started to hurt me, and I didn't turn into a monster as the years went on." Olivia whispered.

"Your mother doesn't deserve you, my love. She doesn't deserve you because you are way too good for her. I know that you are worried about Sophie, but I need you to just relax. If something happens, we will find out and deal with it at a later date. Until then, let's just focus on our family. On Ezra. Because he makes us incredibly happy."

"I love him." Olivia sniffled.

"Oh, I know. I love him too. And I love you so much. So please, don't waste your tears on someone as horrible as your mother."