- 13 -

Olivia had felt alone most of her life, but nearly as alone as she felt when she realized she was in labor and when Rafael just walked out. He had made so many promises to her, but he broke all of them the moment he just turned and walked out of their apartment. 

Olivia was up all night, not only because she was in pain but because she was freaking out about everything happening in her life. She just lost the first person she was truly in love with, and she was also about to become a mother. She didn't know what to do or how she should be feeling, but she settled on alone and scared.

"Please pick up." Olivia sniffled as she wiped tears from her cheeks and paced the living room. She kept waiting for the call to drop, but instead the call was answered.

"Olivia?" Lucia yawned from her side of the call. Olivia quickly swallowed hard before responding.

"Is Rafael there?" Olivia asked slowly.

"N-no... why would he be here? He lives with you now." Lucia replied, as she grew more awake.

"I'm in labor and when I told him I was having real contractions... he just walked out. He's been gone for hours and he left his phone here. I can't get ahold of him and I don't know what to do! I'm so scared!" Olivia cried.

"Liv, honey, he'll be back. He would never just walk out on you and that baby. Okay? And I'll come over right now and be there with you."

"You don't have to waste your time on me anymore... I don't think that I'll ever be seeing Rafael again and he doesn't want to see me either." Olivia whimpered.

"What happened?"

"He doesn't know if he wants to be the baby's father anymore..."

///

Lucia was shocked when she heard those words come through the phone. Since Rafael brought Olivia home, she could tell that there was something between them, even if Olivia hadn't even realized it yet. And as their relationship progressed, Lucia and Catalina could both tell that Rafael was going to stick around for Olivia. That he was going to take over being the baby's father and doing an amazing job with it. But now it seemed like it was all fake.

"Shit." Rafael swore when he finally got to his mother's apartment. He had gone into the kitchen to make some coffee, and when he turned on the light, he found his mother there, sitting in the dark. She knew her son and knew that eventually he'd come home. Just not to the right apartment.

"Why are you here?" Lucia questioned, as she eyed her son.

"Olivia was snoring all night. So I had to come here and get some sleep... and coffee." He lied quietly.

"Your girlfriend called and asked if you were here. Because you walked out after getting into a fight with her over not wanting to be the baby's father anymore. So she's at her apartment, in labor, and freaking the hell out." Lucia sighed.

"She should go to the hospital." Rafael sighed.

"Is this you just panicking about becoming a father?" Lucia frowned, as Rafael finally poured coffee into a mug before joining his mother at the table.

"Danny is that boy's father. I'm not. And I will never have a bond with the baby that Danny would be able to have with him. So I'm just giving up. I can be single and work my ass off once I'm out of school. It won't be too bad." Rafael spoke, as he looked down at the steam that was floating above his mug.

"But you love Olivia-"

"I probably just wanted to sleep with her." Rafael sighed.

"You aren't the type of boy to go around just sleeping with girls. You love Olivia and she loves you. You two were planning a life together."

"Danny wants to meet the baby... and I don't want him to meet him."

"Well, you don't have a say right now. Especially since you walked out when she needed you the most."

"Is she really in labor?" Rafael breathed, and Lucia nodded.

"A woman knows, Rafa... so are you going to go make up with her?"

"She doesn't want me back."

"How the heck could you possibly know that, Rafa?"

///

Rafael hesitantly went back to the apartment. It had been twelve hours since he saw Olivia last, so he didn't even know what was happening.

"I don't want to see anyone!" Olivia cried when Rafael knocked on the door.

"Babe, it's me. Can you unlock the door? I left my keys in the bowl." Rafael sighed.

"Rafa?" Olivia sniffled as she moved from the living room and to the door.

"Yeah, Liv. It's me. I'm sorry that I walked out on you last night... I'm sorry that I started a fight with you. Especially since it was about Danny and we shouldn't talk about him."

"Rafael, I'm in a lot of pain and I can't take this. I need my boyfriend... not someone who absolutely hates me." Olivia sniffled.

"I don't hate you, baby. I love you more than I can possibly ever tell you or show you. So please let me inside. I don't want you to be alone."

"Do you want to be his father?" Olivia whispered as she unlocked the door.

"More than anything else."

Olivia hesitantly unlocked the door before looking at Rafael. Rafael frowned when he saw how red Olivia's eyes were and how her lips were bleeding a bit.

"Have you been biting your lip?" Rafael asked, and Olivia nodded slowly.

"I didn't want anyone to hear me... I didn't want them to call the police or something if they thought I was getting hurt."

"Do you want to go to the hospital?" Rafael asked, and Olivia shrugged before stepping forward and clinging tightly to him. Rafael snaked his arms around his girlfriend's body as her tears soaked into his shirt.

"Danny came back around... I pretended to not be here because I don't want him around."

"Good, at least I'm not the only one that doesn't want him around."