- 9 -

"You want to what?" Olivia asked weakly, as she eyed Rafael hesitantly.

"I want to spend the rest of my life taking care of you and that little boy. I want to spend the rest of my life loving you both. But only as long as you can love me too." Rafael spoke. Olivia moved away from where they stood as tears slipped down her cheeks. Rafael wanted to reach out and stop her from walking away, but instead he just followed her.

"Rafael, don't you want to start your own family? Find some girl that isn't a teenager and pregnant? One who didn't even finish high school?" Olivia breathed as she finally turned around in front of the door to her son's room.

"I don't want just any girl. I want you. I want that little boy. We haven't known each other for long, but everyday I fall deeper and deeper in love with you, and we aren't even dating. I want to help you through every single bad and good day. I don't want you to be alone when you have your son, because from what my mother has told me... it's scary as hell and horribly painful."

"But-"

"I'm not going to change my mind. I'm not Danny." Rafael spoke, and Olivia nodded slowly before stepping closer to him.

She grabbed his hands and squeezed them before pulling him closer. She looked into his eyes for a few moments before leaning in close and kissing his lips softly. Rafael tugged her closer and snaked his arms around her body before deepening the kiss.

"Give me time... but I'm sure that I will be able to completely fall in love with you. And this baby will love you from the moment he's born."

"And if you want me too, I'll be there. I don't care how freaking scared I'm going to be."

"We can be terrified together." Olivia said with a weak smile. She leaned forward and kissed Rafael again.

They didn't stop kissing for awhile, and when the finally did it was because Rafael's boss was calling him and asking where the hell he was.

///

After work, Rafael went home and was pretty much walking on clouds. He was so excited that he and Olivia were starting something together. He even stopped and got his mother and grandmother flowers because he was in such a good mood.

"Mama? Abuela?" Rafael asked, as he walked into the apartment.

"Rafa? You are kinda late." Lucia sighed, as she came out of the kitchen. 

"I stopped and got you and Abuela flowers. Sorry." Rafael smiled, before moving to his mother and kissing her cheek. He passed her one bouquet of flowers before moving into the kitchen to give the other one to his Aubela.

"Why are you so happy, baby?" Catalina asked, as she hugged her grandson.

"Because I had a really good day."

"Really? You never seem this happy."

"Well, it might be because I made out with Olivia for a good hour today. Oh, and she's having a little boy."

"Okay, let's start with the first part. You two made out today?"

"Yup. She told me that she loved me, and I told her that I loved her. I'm going to be there for her. Whatever she needs, I'll make sure she gets it."

"Rafael, are you sure?" Lucia asked. She loved Olivia and really enjoyed having her around and enjoyed the idea of having a baby around to spoil. But she was still a little worried that her own little boy would get hurt in the end.

"Mama... we aren't going to move fast. We for sure won't get married before the baby is born. But I promised to stand by her, love her, and love the baby. I don't plan on breaking that problem."

"Does this mean I'm getting a great grandson?" Catalina asked with a smile, and Rafael shrugged.

"You'll have to ask Liv that, but I'm sure that she could use you two also. She's never did this all before, and you two have."

"We are her family now, Rafa. We promise."

///

"Are you sure that you want to wait to name him until after he's born?" Rafael called, from where he got ready for bed. He was staying at Olivia's a few nights a week, and she spent the weekend sleeping over at his apartment because Catalina and Lucia insisted on feeding her as many nights as possible.

"I don't think that I can name him without meeting him first! I want to see him and hold him before I give him a name. Especially since a name will be sticking with him his whole life!" Olivia called back, from where she was getting changed. Once she was dressed, she walked down the hall and to where her boyfriend was finishing getting ready for bed.

"We could look into names together." Rafael smiled, as he turned and looked at his girlfriend.

"You wanna help name him?"

"I know that biologically he isn't my son, but I'm going to be raising him. Hopefully one day he'll share my last name." Rafael smiled, and Olivia felt tears well in her eyes as she reached her hand out to him. He took it before tugging her close and pressing a soft kiss to her forehead.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you something super important." Olivia spoke, as she and her boyfriend moved back to the bedroom. 

"What's super important? Did the Mounts contact you again?" Rafael frowned and Olivia shook her head as she climbed into bed.

"I felt him move today. Like I could actually feel it compared to what everyone said was just bubbles." Olivia spoke, and Rafael grinned as he slipped in beside her.

"Is he moving now? Or just earlier?"

"I was talking to him earlier while I was stocking the baby stuff. So maybe he was just responding to me because I was talking directly to him."

"Well, let me try." Rafael smiled. He reached out and gently ran his hand over his girlfriend's bump before trying to figure out what to say.

He knew that he'd be talking to this little boy for the rest of his life, but right now it just seemed too hard to come up with something that wasn't awkward to say.

"Little guy... I love you and your Mama so much... and I cannot wait to meet you." Rafael whispered, and when he was just about to give up, he felt a small bit of movement under his hand.