- 34 -

Olivia and Rafael fought like crazy until the day Olivia left for training. Olivia hugged and kissed her son a million times before she left, but Rafael refused to say goodbye to his wife. He was angry that she was actually going to head to the academy, even if he didn't want her too. It was as if he didn't remember that his wife was stubborn and would do what she wanted, and she wanted to become a cop.

"I'm going to stay with your Mom and Grandma tonight. Since they are closer to the academy." Olivia breathed as she picked up her bag and looked at her husband.

"You might as well just stay there until your training is done." Rafael snapped as he sat on the sofa and watched whatever Ezra had left on.

"I'm not missing out on the next twenty-one weeks of our son's life. So I'm going to come home Tuesday night."

"Let me say that again, Olivia. You need to stay with my mother and grandmother until you are out of the academy. I don't want you here." Rafael spat. 

Olivia swallowed hard before nodding.

"They will still be watching Ezra since school is done for the year... I love you, Rafael." Olivia frowned.

Rafael didn't say anything else to his wife, as she turned and opened the front door before walking out. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she really started to regret her decision.

///

For twenty-one weeks, Olivia and Rafael lived separate lives. Over this time, Olivia got trained for her dream job and Rafael regretted being such an asshole to his wife. After she graduated from the academy, he asked Olivia for some time together while his mother and grandmother tried to get Ezra to stand still.

"You look great in this uniform, Liv." Rafael smiled softly, as he and his wife walked slowly passed where other graduates were getting pictures taken.

"Thanks." She replied softly.

"So, what's next?" Rafael questioned, and Olivia sighed as she took her hat off before holding it under her arm.

"I'm going to be matched with a precinct and start working there for about four years before I can take the Detective's Exam." Olivia replied.

"Wow, it won't be long until you are going to be a big shot." Rafael smiled.

They walked in silence for a few moments, before Rafael grabbed his wife's arm and stopped her from walking.

"I have missed you a lot."

"Really? Because you were the one to tell me to not come home. I slept in your old bedroom for twenty-one weeks. And when Ezra was there, I slept with his feet in my face." Olivia frowned.

"I was angry, Liv. And I'm sorry that I pushed you away."

"I never yelled at you and told you to forget about your dreams. I didn't tell you to not pursue partner at Adam's firm, and I never told you that we couldn't have kids at all. I just asked if we could push it off for a bit longer. But you... you told me to not become a cop. To never do what I wanted with my life." Olivia spat.

"Babe, I'm sorry." Rafael frowned.

"I just can't believe you." Olivia breathed, as she quickly brushed a tear from her cheek.

"I don't want you to die, Liv!"

"And I don't want to have a husband that thinks he can control me and make decisions for me! I don't want a husband who thinks he can tell me what I can and cannot do with my life! But guess what, we both gotta live with it, I guess!" Olivia yelled. 

///

Olivia ended up being matched with the sixteenth precinct, which was also the one that she was arrested at. She liked where it was located, so she was hoping she'd fit in there and be able to make this precinct her home. Especially since her home with Rafael didn't feel like a home anymore.

Olivia started work the Monday after she graduated from the academy, and she was nervous but also excited.

"What do you think you will do today?" Rafael asked hesitantly as he watched Olivia pour coffee into her to-go mug.

"I will get assigned a partner and a vehicle, before doing tons of paperwork. I probably won't be able to leave the station house until tomorrow." Olivia replied plainly.

"Do you need any of my information for your emergency contact forms?" Rafael questioned, and Olivia shook her head.

"I have been with you for over four years, Rafael. I know all of your information by heart. I'm picking you and your mother, by the way. I'm supposed to have two." Olivia sighed.

"Did she-"

"She did agree, because she says I'm her daughter. She loves me like a daughter, and I love her like a mother. So yeah, she agreed, especially since sometimes you don't pick up your phone and if I'm dying, she needs to make decisions." Olivia huffed.

"Liv-"

"I gotta get going. I don't want to be late... tell Ezra that I love him and I'll come in and see him tonight after my shift." Olivia breathed before she turned and headed from the kitchen.

"Do you love me?!" Rafael called, and Olivia stopped by the door before shrugging.

"You kinda broke my heart, Rafael. And you have kinda been a dick to me. So yeah, I love you. But I love the you that supported me. Not the one that doesn't want me to follow my dreams. Have a good day with Ezra and I will see you both later." Olivia frowned before she grabbed her keys and walked out the front door.

Rafael swallowed hard as he walked to the front window and watched as his wife drove away. It broke his heart to think that he truly fucked up. That he made his wife feel like he didn't support her anymore, or that he didn't want her to follow her dreams. But he still supported and loved her, but he didn't want her to follow a dream that led her to an early grave.