- 8 -

Rafael became a regular person in Olivia's life. He and Olivia were always hanging out, and he was helping her in regards to getting the baby's room set up. His mom gave Olivia a changing table and an old rocking chair, while Catalina gave Olivia all the old baby clothes that she and Lucia saved as Rafael grew out of them. They were a little outdated, but very much welcomed by Olivia.

"So would you like to meet up with me for lunch today?" Rafael asked, after coming over to help and jumpstart Olivia's car since it was still really cold and her car was old. She hated that she had to call him, but she had an important appointment and she didn't want to be late.

"Don't you have to work today?" Olivia asked, as she closed the hood of her car before turning and looking at her friend.

"I do. Don't you?" He mused, and Olivia shook her head.

"I took today off..." Olivia trailed off. She didn't know why she felt like hiding her appointment today, but she did.

"Are you okay? You seem weirder than usual." Rafael spoke, as he pulled his hat over his ears and moved closer to Olivia.

"Today I find out the sex of the baby. I'm just kinda having a hard time dealing with this. I'm worried that if the baby is a boy, he'll hate me for not giving him a father figure. And if the baby is a girl, she'll hate me because she'll probably have issues with guys her whole life because of me." Olivia sighed, as she hesitantly placed her hand against her stomach.

She knew that she could raise this baby, but she didn't know how good she'll end up being at it. She was making enough money since she became a manager, but still the idea of not giving her child the male role model that they deserved was really making her anxious.

"Liv, that kid will be lucky just having you as their mother... and I'll be around. If it's a boy, I'll teach him to shave when he's older... and I'll teach him how to treat a woman." Rafael smiled softly.

"You are going to get married and have kids of your own... no point in wasting time with mine." Olivia frowned. She didn't want to try and push Rafael away, but she just needed to work through today's appointment and think about being alone.

She was at the point where she thought she'd never get a man to love her after she's been used so much. She was used goods, and no one wants that.

"Meet me back here after your appointment. I'll bring you lunch and you can tell me what the baby is. Okay?" Rafael spoke, and Olivia went to object, but he shook his head and climbed into his car.

"I'll see you later!"

///

Olivia was honestly surprised when she found out the sex of her baby. She didn't know if she had expected it, but she knew that no matter what the baby had turned out to be, that she'd love it with everything she had.

"You don't have to waste your lunch break here with me." Olivia spoke, once she let Rafael into her apartment.

"I'm not wasting it. I love spending time with you, Olivia. And I really wish that you'd realize that." He spoke, and Olivia nodded slowly. They gathered in the living room and Rafael laid the pizza box on the table as Olivia passed him a napkin.

They ate in silence for a few minutes, before Rafael finally asked the question that was on his mind.

"So... boy or girl?" He asked, and Olivia sighed as she wiped her mouth off as she finished chewing.

"Boy." Olivia finally replied.

"Really? At least all those clothes are actually going to look good on him." Rafael chuckled, as he smiled at her.

"Rafael, maybe he would be better off with Danny's parents... they have raised a boy before. Clearly they didn't do a great job... but at least they know that they are doing." Olivia frowned.

"No." Rafael spoke.

"What?" Olivia frowned.

"You aren't giving your son to the Mounts. They will destroy him completely. They will make sure that he doesn't know you at all or what you did for him. Olivia, you are going to be the best mother to him, and I will continue to tell you that until he's born and afterwards too." Rafael spoke. He reached over and gently brushed a tear from Olivia's cheek, but didn't remove his hand once he was done.

He started to gently caress Olivia's cheek with his thumb as a tired smile grew on her lips.

"You are too good to be true, Rafa... and I don't want to scare you at all... but I love you." Olivia whispered, before leaning forward and hugging Rafael tightly. He looped his arms around her and held her as close as he could.

"Rafael?" Olivia whispered, after she tried to pull away but she was being held too close to move back.

"Olivia, what kind of love?" Rafael asked weakly, as he leaned back and looked into Olivia's tearfilled brown eyes.

"Huh?" Olivia asked.

"You said that you loved me... like the kind of love that makes me more like your brother and friend... or the love that makes you want to kiss me? Again?"

"Oh." Olivia breathed, as she stood slowly and tried to avoid what was happening.

"Olivia, I'm sorry... you are going through a lot right now and you don't need this shit too." Rafael said with a weak laugh. He ran his fingers through his hair before standing slowly.

"N-no. Don't apologize. I'm just a freak. I wanted a baby so badly, but didn't realize how hard it truly was going to be. And you... you have been more than kind. Your mother and grandmother have been too. I'm just not someone who you think you might want, Rafa. I don't even want myself half the time."

"No, I want you, Olivia. Because I have a fucking huge crush on you. And I was kinda hoping you did too. Especially since you just said that you loved me."

"And if I said that I did?" Olivia breathed, and Rafael shrugged as he locked eyes with her.

"I'd take care of you and that baby for the rest of my life. Because I am more than ready to step up and love you... but only as long as you love me too."