- 35 -

Olivia's first day as Officer Benson was great. She was surprised when she was allowed to leave the precinct after lunch and got to learn where her beat was with her partner, Officer Fred Osborne. Fred and Olivia got along really well, and Olivia could already trust him to have her back. To make sure she could go home every night.

Olivia got home late, and she quickly took a shower and changed before going to check on her son. She opened Ezra's bedroom door, and couldn't help but smile when she saw her husband and son snuggled together on Ezra's bed.

She slowly padded across the carpet, before squatting down beside the bed. She raked her fingers through Ezra's blonde curls, before kissing his forehead softly.

"Sleep well, sweet baby." Olivia whispered quietly. She lifted her eyes from Ezra's face and locked eyes with her husband.

"Can we talk?" He whispered, and Olivia nodded slowly.

"Sure. But in our room. Not his."

///

Olivia was busy making her bed when her husband finally joined her. 

"Sorry for taking so long. Ezra was clinging to my arms."

"It's okay. I needed to make the bed, anyway." Olivia replied.

"How was work?" Rafael questioned, and he smiled when he saw his wife's face light up.

"It was... amazing. My partner, Fred, is a great guy. We both have kids, so we have a lot at stake when we go on patrol and respond to calls. He and I got to go out and look over our beat, and I got to drive the car. Which had so many buttons, but I'll get used to them. And, I'm probably boring you." Olivia breathed when she saw her husband's face darken a bit.

"You aren't boring me, Olivia. I'm still just scared."

"It comes with the territory of being an officer's spouse. I'm sorry, but you gotta get over it." Olivia frowned.

"Babe-"

"I do feel bad for you, but I need you to push through this all like I do for everything you do. Like how many times you take on cases for really bad guys, that could lead to us all dying. Now, I'm going to get some sleep. I have to be back at seven tomorrow morning and keep doing this until I get a few days off."

"When will those be?"

"I don't know yet, but I will tell you when I know. Now, can we just be silently angry with each other for the rest of our lives, so then I can sleep?"

"Liv, we won't be angry with each other forever. I guess we will eventually feel better... and we can have babies and grow old together."

///

Olivia really had a lot to prove during her first year. She wasn't the first nor the last woman to join the force, but she did want to be one of the best. She worked long hours, but always made time to call home and talk to her son and exchange a few words with her husband. They still weren't on good terms, but Olivia couldn't do a damn thing about it because she was busy and so was her husband.

"He is finally asleep." Olivia smiled tiredly as she walked into the bedroom she shares with her husband. But that's all she does. She shares a bed with Rafael, but not much of anything else. They rarely kiss and all plans of having a baby had been filed away. For now.

"He had a long day. I'm just glad that you could take the day off to take him on his field trip. I think we all had a lot of fun." Rafael replied. Olivia nodded slowly as she pulled the blankets back before climbing in beside her husband.

"I did have fun, Rafa. I couldn't stop smiling when I saw you and Ezra looking at the otters." Olivia smiled.

"He just loves those things." Rafael chuckled. He turned off his lamp before sinking down under the blankets as his wife did. They laid facing each other, and Rafael hesitantly reached out and placed his hand against Olivia's hip.

"What are you doing?" Olivia whispered. She did have to admit that she missed being intimate with her husband. She missed making love to him, and the soft kisses he always showered her with. But it's been over a year since they really kissed, and it just didn't seem like it would ever happen again.

"I miss you." Rafael breathed.

"What?" Olivia whispered.

"I love you so much, and I hate that we have fallen apart. We were such a strong couple for years, and now it's like we are nothing."

"I love you too... but I kinda feel like the damage is done. I hate to say that, but we haven't done anything for well over a year."

"I just really wanna kiss you right now. Today was so much fun and being able to kiss you would really be an amazing end to this day." Rafael breathed. 

Olivia froze in her spot for several long moments as she thought about it. But she realized that nothing bad could happen if she let her husband kiss her. They were married, and kissing kinda came with the territory.

"Okay."

"Really?"

"Really. Go ahead and kiss me."

Rafael smiled as he slipped closer to his wife. He ran his fingers over her cheek for a long moment, before leaning close and kissing her lips deeply.

He felt the same spark that he had years ago, and he was more than thankful that he took his chance to kiss his wife. After a long moment they parted, and Rafael rested his forehead against Olivia's.

"I missed kissing you so much." Rafael whispered, and Olivia nodded in agreement.

"Me too."

"Maybe tomorrow night we could try to do something else. We could-"

"Make a baby right now." Olivia blurted out, before closing her eyes tightly as her cheeks grew hot and red.

"Liv?"

"I am so sorry that I just... I'm going to start rambling if I don't just shut up now. I'm sorry. We should really go to bed." Olivia breathed, before going to roll over, but her husband stopped her.

"Do you want a baby?" Rafael whispered, and Olivia nodded slowly as tears ran down her cheeks.

"This last year has been so confusing and hard... and I missed you so much, even if you were right in front of me. Ezra is six, and I want to give him a baby brother or sister before he's a teenager. I want to make things better between us, and I think having a baby together could really help us with that. Just the last shove before we can be back to where we were before... madly in love and best friends."