Chapter 22

It was Monday again and Paris wasn't looking forward to it. Her mother hasn't heard anything about her job. Damien told Darla to go and see what happens. Brayden was being a little prick, arguing about his food and school. Damien and Darla just ignored it.

Paris started to get ready for school. Today she was wearing faded designer skinny jeans, a white button down singlet with the first few buttons undone showing the top of her lacy bra and cleavage. A pair of white slip on converse. She grabbed a white and light purple sport coat, for when it gets cooler. Her hair was in a high ponytail and was left straight.

When she got to school her friends were sitting in the same spot as they do every morning. They were laughing and chatting. She sneaked up to them to scare them. But when she got close, it backed fired.

"Ahhhhh" she screamed when someone grabbed her around her waist. When she turned around she saw Shane clutching his gut with laughter. All her other friends were laughing their heads off as well. "That wasn't funny" she smacked him on his arm and then pouted.

The bell rang after they all calmed down and headed to class. The morning went slow because it was so boring. The bell finally rang for morning tea.

"Paris sing" Trevor said to her grabbing his guitar. He started playing and she realised what it was. The song was Think Twice by Celine Dion.

After she finished singing everyone got up cheering and again she saw Rick standing just inside the door smiling, it wasn't a fake smile it was a real one. They stayed staring at each other until the bell rang. Everyone started to head to class. Paris headed towards the bathroom as usual while everyone else headed to English. "Don't be late" Charlotte said over her shoulder.

"Yeah you already have detentions with him" Chris said smirking.

"Yeah, yeah I know" she said stalking off to the bathroom. After she finished with her business she headed to class but this time went in. She didn't want to stand outside again. She noticed Rick was wearing jeans and a black button down shirt that hung out today which was long sleeve again but was rolled up to his elbow which showed his tattoo. He had on some dressy shoes, his hair was spiked up everywhere which made him look hot and a 5 o'clock shadow. She walked to her seat and she could feel his eyes on her. The class started and they all got their assignments back. When he handed hers back he smiled to her and said "nice job" to her. There was a red A+ at the top of her essay, she smiled back at him and said "thank you" and then blushed. He smirked at her blush and then continued on handing them out.

"So I hope you all like your results" he said smiling at them.

He was so proud of them all, none failed. Except for Blaze but he hasn't been back to school since the fight. Paris got the highest mark, her report was that perfect that he had to show it to Mr Dixon. Mr Dixon went through it and said that she does deserve a A+ for the report. Mr Dixon told Rick that Paris gets the top marks for all her classes. Rick asked why isn't she in college already. And Mr Dixon said that her parents wouldn't allow it, they thought she'll be lonely without her friends.

"So today we'll be watching a movie" he told them and they cheered. "So this week we will be watching the movies for the books you've read" it was the last week before Christmas vacation so he thought it would be relaxing.

"That's boring" Shane said bored.

"First one will be Pride and Prejudice" he said ignoring Shane, he thought starting with this one because it's long.

Paris was so into the movie that she didn't notice Mr Evans sitting next to her in the spare desk. He kept secretly looking at her in the corner of his eye. She was so beautiful just staring at the TV smiling in places and sighing. He shouldn't be doing this but he keeps getting drawn to her. He needs to control these feelings for her but it was hard, she's just that beautiful that he can't resist and her personality is infectious. The bell snapped him out of his thoughts. He turned the movie off and followed the students out.