Chapter 14

*There might be explicit context in this chapter*

______________________________

Darla came through the private jet door at the airport and saw her husband leaning one shoulder against the wall, waiting for her. She couldn't believe he was standing there, he still looked the same when she first met him but older. He looked up towards her and she could see the anger in his eyes and was exhausted. She knew why he was angry at her and looked away from the intensity they held. She came up to him, leaned up on her tippy toes and kissed him on the lips but he just kept his lips still. He grabbed her luggage and headed towards the exit. They didn't say anything to each other all the way home.

When they got home Damien grabbed the luggage and headed upstairs to their room. He had a shower and went to bed. Darla was still downstairs and was thinking what a shamble her life is. She didn't want to go to New York City she wanted to spend it with Paris for her birthday. Now Damien's mad at her and she doesn't know how to fix it. She finally had a shower and went to bed.

Morning came around and Paris woke up to something cold on her nose. She opened her eyes to a cute little puppy. She smiled and got up to change. She could smell bacon being cooked from downstairs. She was wearing some baggy shorts and a singlet. She raced downstairs with Princess in her hands, to find her brother, dad and mom cooking breakfast. They all had big smiles on their faces. This is how she wants her family to be all the time.

"Good morning" Paris said excitedly.

"Hey good morning sweetheart" dad said with a big smile, mom turned around smiling.

"Happy birthday, sis" Brayden yelled at her.

"Happy birthday darling I'm sorry it's late" her mom said to her and pulled her into a huge hug but something restricted her from getting to close. When Darla pulled away she saw the most cutest little puppy she's ever seen.

"It's my new puppy, Princess" Paris said to her mom when she noticed what her mother was looking at.

"She's beautiful" Darla said smiling and patting the puppy "well here's your present from your father, Brayden and I"

Paris placed Princess on the ground, sat down and opened her present, there was a necklace and matching earrings in the jewellery box.

"They're beautiful" she said fingering the gems.

"They're all diamonds" her dad explained.

The necklace was white gold with a violet diamond in the middle surrounded by white diamonds and the earrings were the same. It was so beautiful, she couldn't wait to wear it.

"Was thinking about dinner at the Melisse Restaurant" her father suggested.

"Really, that restaurant is the bomb" Brayden said excitedly, he loves food that kid.

They had breakfast and they all talked about school and stuff. After breakfast her parents cleaned up the kitchen and then they all sat down to talk some more.

"I've retired" Damien blurted out.

"Oh my god" Darla said and started to cry. Damien pulled her into a hug and then kissed her tenderly on the lips.

"I'm never going overseas again" he said pulling her away to brush her tears away. "I love you so much baby"

"I love you too" she said back, through sobs.

"Oh, come on get a room, ew" Paris said screwing her nose up, Brayden did the same and looked away.

"Sorry" Damien said to her and Darla blushed.