Chapter 2

Darla was waiting at the airport in the private jets lounge just thinking about how her life got so turned up so down. Her husband is never home and then when he isn't working he goes fishing when she can't go. She loves him but he is so frustrating she's been thinking about moving back to Australia but it's a waste of time when he's always away. This time he's been away for 4 years and he had the gall to stay in Australia instead of coming to Los Angeles to spend it with her too. The children got to see him but Darla couldn't because her boss is a bitch. But he could've just dropped going fishing, so they could spend it as a family. What makes it worse, he said at the start of the holidays he'll come over for about 3 weeks to spend it with her but now his plans have changed. She is so sick of him just never around for her, all she wants is his arms wrapped around her and make her feel so special like he use to do.

While they were away Damien was taking photos of their holiday together. He tagged her in Facebook so she can see them. They were great photos but none were of him. Darla hasn't seen him in so long, that she wasn't shore if he looks the same when she last saw him, he might've changed so much in 4 years.

Just then the door to the private jets opened and it bought Darla out of her thoughts. She waited and there was her boy running out with arms stretched out and with a huge smile. She couldn't stop the smile even if she wanted too. She knows Brayden misses his dad but she also knows how much he loves her. She looked up after he crashed into her just to see her daughter coming through the door flirting with a young guy. She's always like this just flirts with the guys but that's all. Darla just doesn't know about Paris's little secret. If she knew she would be so horrified.

Paris looked towards her mom and gave a slight smile and nodded. Darla let go of Brayden and stepped forward to grab Paris into a hug. It didn't last as long as Darla wanted it to last but Paris pulled out before she could hold her tighter. Paris just headed towards the exit so she could get home and to her solitude of her room. Schools tomorrow so she needs to get her stuff ready, her mom said she was getting all their school stuff for them while they were away.

"Paris," Darla yelled through the house when Paris just ran to her room as soon as they got home. Darla just shook her head when she didn't come back or even answer her.

"Don't worry mommy she was like that to daddy too" Brayden piped up when he saw how sad his mom was. He hates how Paris treats their parents, he's said something to her about it but she says that it's her business so leave it alone.

Brayden went to his room and unpacked his luggage. He's only 8 but he's very smart, he looks identical to his father, but with dark brown hair instead. Brayden looked at the photos he took of his dad and smiled, he loved him so much and his mom but he doesn't understand how they aren't living together and still are married.

"Dinners ready" Brayden heard from his mom. He headed to the dining room where his mom had his dinner already plated up and on the table. His mom was sitting at her spot and waiting for them. It was about a minute passed when Paris finally showed up and just plonked herself into the chair in front of her plate.

"So, how was your holiday" Darla asked them. Paris just shrugged but Brayden perked up and smiled to his mum.

"It was great" Brayden said with eyes wide and excited. "Dad took us out on the reef and I caught my first snapper".

"Wow" Darla said so happy for him. "What about you Paris?".

She shrugged "caught a red emperor that's all" then stuffed her face with broccoli and then excused herself before going to her room.

"She's been doing that to dad and he snapped at her one night" Brayden said to his mum "he told her if he finds out she does it with you he'll come over and give her a hiding of her life doesn't matter that she's nearly 18".

"Did he say that" Darla looked so surprised he said that, he'll call tonight to see how they're going so she'll ask him.

"Yeah" Brayden said nodding his head and stuffing his face. His mom is a really good cook and his dad cooks on the bbq all the time and it is always yummy food too. In Australia, people use their bbq's for everything even roast meals.

After dinner was done Darla cleaned up the kitchen and waited for her husband to call. She heard the house phone ringing and she ran to it. "Hi" she said out of breath

"Did you run" Damien said chuckling which sent Darla's body all hot.

"Yeah I just went to the bathroom when you rang" she said out of breath still.

Chuckling still he continued "so are the kids alright"

"Yeah, Paris is her usual self" she said sadly.

"Put her on the damn phone" he said angrily, Darla could tell that saying no to his request will make him angrier. So she headed to Paris's door banged on it but no answer. "She must be asleep".

"She's not asleep" he was still angry. "Just open her door".

"No she'll be angry at me".

"Darla, why do you let her walk all over you for."

"Don't you dare say that to me, you are never here" she said through gritted teeth "you don't have to put up with all Paris's moodiness".

"I'm sorry baby ok I know" he said calmly and soothingly "she was a bitch to me too"

"I don't know what to do anymore" Darla said sadly "she doesn't listen to me and when she does she smart mouth me".

Damien sighed he could here her voice cracking, "baby everything will be alright she'll come around and hopefully she'll get over this attitude she's going through"

"I hope so" she said trying to keep her sobs in but at the end her voice did crack more.

"Oh god baby don't cry" Damien said trying to calm her all he wants to do is hold her tight and never let go of her. This year he might be able do that, he's hoping too.

They talked for awhile and then hung up saying how much they love each other and how much they miss each other. Damien is so angry at his work for changing his plans, he was going to go fishing with the kids in Australia and then head to America to spend time with his beautiful wife. But no his work doesn't care about personal life. He's actually over working for the special forces unit and wants to retire. He doesn't care if he lives in Los Angeles because all he cares about is being with his wife.

>>>>>>>><<<<<<<

So the 2nd chapters done.