five; snape's broken nose and trip to the lake

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

and i need you sometimes, we'll be alright
met you at the right time, this is what it feels like
- feels like; gracie abrams

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

October 27th, 1974 -

Sunday morning was actually quite pleasant, so the four girls disappeared to sit by the lake right after breakfast. Compared to the previous day's howling rain and wind, the weather had made a complete one eighty. The wind was soft, barely rustling the leaves, and the sun was peaking through the clouds, and it was warm enough that Marlene was brave enough to throw off her shoes and stick her feet in the water, with a loud squeal as her skin made contact with the chilling water. 

Alice was humming a soft song and braiding Aria's hair, weaving daisies through the raven locks. Aria was knotting together the flowers, forming a crown, listening to Alice's singing mix with Lily's clear voice as she read a Muggle novel out loud. Eventually, Marlene slumped down next to Aria, pulling out grass and absentmindedly wrapping it around her fingers. 

It was completely peaceful and enjoyable, different clusters of students spread out across the grass, but for this specific group of Gryffindors, the peace never lasts. Ruining the peace today was one Severus Snape, who Lily was avidly avoiding, but he truly had her trapped.

"Lily, can you please talk to me?" he pleaded. 

The redhead looked up from the book, squinting hard and shielding her eyes from the sunlight, as she said cooly, "You always insult my friends, and for once I insult yours and you throw a fit, how is that fair?"

"I do not insult your friends!" he protested, sending a withering glare towards the three girls. "I insult Potter and his band of idiots."

"What about my band of idiots?" Aria said lightly.

"I said his band of idiots, other Potter," he hissed angrily.

"Well what about my band of idiots then?"James asked as he approached the group. 

Aria had a feeling that he honestly stalked Snape sometimes, the way he always was getting into rows and hexing each other. 

"I'm talking to Lily," he retorted witheringly.

"Then why do you mention me? Is it because I'm the perfect match for darling Lilyflower,? You didn't need to tell me that Snivellus, I already knew that."

"Keep telling yourself that James," Sirius snickered.

Snape let out a low growl as he turned his attention to James, "I am settling an argument with my friend Lily. I am not here to deal with you privileged, entitled brats!"