sixteen; how eliza rosier ruined aria potter's birthday

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

and i just wanna show you, she doesn't even know you
she's never gonna love you like i want to
and you just see right though me, but if you only knew me
we could be a beautiful, miracle, unbelievable 
instead of just invisible
- invisible; taylor swift

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

March 28th, 1975 -

Aria should have known that the full moon being on her birthday, meaning Remus would have to miss it, was perhaps a sign that this would be her worst birthday ever. In hindsight, she should have just stayed in the hospital wing all night waiting for her best friend. Because what should have perhaps been Aria's best birthday ever was in reality her worst. 

"Oh Ari," Remus sighed wistfully as the girl crawled into his hospital wing bed. "Why're you crying, you should have had the best time last night?"

"How can it be the best time without you there?" the girl sniffed, settling onto the bed next to the boy, dropping her head on his shoulder. 

"I'm sure you didn't even notice I wasn't there," he teased, before seeing her smile quickly fall. "What happened last night Ari?"

"I hate Sirius Black," she huffed, 

Remus wasn't sure what to expect, but it surely wasn't that. Aria and Sirius fought like cats and dogs, but everyone knew the two of them shared a love so complicated but perfect. Remus knew one day his best friend would end up with Sirius, the two of them just didn't see how perfect they were for each other. While Aria complained about Sirius's irritating presence on a daily basis, she made it clear she truly loved the boy, though Remus was certain it was a different love than just simple friendship. So her saying she hated him so strongly was a total surprise to the boy. 

"Why?" he gasped in complete shock. 

"I don't know why!" she growled frustratedly. "I don't know why I'm sitting here crying about the fact that Sirius Black was snogging Eliza Rosier all night! I don't know why I'm so upset the boy didn't even wish me happy birthday because he disappeared off with her halfway through the night! I don't know why instead of enjoying my time, I'm so fixated on him when I could care less about him."

And then understanding dawned on Remus, it was quite simple, Aria was jealous but the fact that it was Eliza just exemplified her anger. Aria and Eliza had a hatred that ran as deep as James and Snape's. Eliza insulted James their first year and suddenly Aria was there trying to rip the girl's head off. Eliza was perhaps the one person who dared to attack Aria's loved ones, and for that the girl held a deep resentment for the Slytherin.