eleven; the christmas eve of '74 or the beginning of when everything changed

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

this night is sparkling, don't you let it go
Io'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
i'll spend forever wondering if you knew, i was enchanted to meet you
- enchanted; taylor swift

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

December 24th, 1974 -

Christmas would always be Aria's favorite holiday, the same way James's would be Halloween. Especially ever since they had been allowed to invite their friends over to the manor on Christmas Eve, Aria always had a blast. The twins had always attended, from the time they could walk. It was an event they barely tolerated for years, simply because it was so boring because they had no companions there that were their age. 

But ever since they had started attending Hogwarts, it had become a night they counted down the days to and would never forget. It was a night of light hearted joking, constant dancing, and just plain old fun. 

It was not the type of event to be nervous at, yet here Aria was, incredibly nervous for whatever reason, as she tugged on her dress anxiously as she stood with James in the crowded ballroom of Potter Manor, waiting for any of their friends to arrive. She had no clue why she felt so nervous, they held this party every year, but her thoughts of a certain black haired, grey eyed boy, made butterflies erupt in her stomach. 

"Do you reckon everyone will come?" James asked as he ran a hand through his messy black hair.

"If everyone you mean Lils, then yes everyone is coming," Aria smirked in response.

"Oh sod off Ari, but yes I am looking forward to seeing my Lilypad."

"Lilypad?" Aria cocked an eyebrow. "That's a new one."

"She's not you're Lilypad," a new voice snorted from behind the pair.

Marlene's deep purple dress contrasted her blonde hair which tumbled down her shoulders in her natural curls. Her ocean blue eyes crinkled as she smirked at the male Potter twin.

"She will be one day," he retorted.

"Marls, you look absolutely gorgeous," Aria interjected to avoid the pointless argument.

"Thank you Ari, you look stunning as well," she nudged the girl and gestured towards the girl who just entered the room.

Aria turned her head around spying her favorite redhead, her hair pulled up into a messy bun, in a pale blue dress, her green eyes scanning the room for a familiar face. The duo made their way over to her, waving to catch her attention.

"I don't think James has seen you yet, because if he did he'd be over here drooling," Aria laughed as she hugged the girl.

She scoffed, "I could care less what Potter thinks."