fourteen; january in a blur

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

you betrayed me
and i know that you'll never feel sorry
for the way i hurt, yeah
- traitor; olivia rodrigo

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

January 6th, 1975 -

Needless to say, James had a howler waiting for him from Euphemia the morning after he attempted to send the necklace back home. Luckily for him, he opened it in the safety of his dorm room, but that didn't stop him from whining about it the whole day. 

"Honestly I don't know what you expected," Aria scoffed, looking up from the slice of toast she was buttering. 

"Maybe next time don't steal jewelry to give to random people," Lily tacked on helpfully.

"But you're not a random person Evans," he argued, before dramatically declaring. "You're the love of my life."

"Not likely," the redhead scoffed, angrily throwing her spoon into her porridge, wincing slightly when it splattered over the bowl slightly. 

Aria clicked her tongue and cleaned the mush up with a tap of her wand and a quick 'scourgify'. 

"Anyways, what class do we have first today?" Alice interrupted. 

"Charms," Lily supplied at once. 

To put it simply, Charms was a chaotic mess as soon as the boys got tired of banishing cushions throughout the room and instead elected to banish each other across the classroom.

"Oh honestly Potter," Lily growled out as she stood up after being crashed into by James. "Can't you just follow instructions for once in your life without creating a mess?"

"Where's the fun in that Lilyflower," he smiled cheekily, before bowing dramatically and turning around to flick Sirius across the room. 

"Boys," Flitwick squeaked out. "Stop that this instant! Someone's going to get hurt-"

He was cut off as Sirius went toppling into him, the black haired boy smiling sheepishly as he helped his teacher out. 

"This is rather amusing," Marlene snickered as she watched the half goblin berate the four boys. 

"It's rather daft," Lily scoffed. "They could crack their head open or something."

"The room is surrounded by cushions," Alice interjected. "I doubt they would have gotten seriously hurt."

"And if they did, they practically live in the hospital wing anyways," Aria grinned, and with a slight wink and one incantation, she sent a pillow flying at the back of her brother's head.