six; water fights & peter's frights

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

by being yourself,
you put something wonderful
in the world

that wasn't there before
- unnamed; edwin elliot

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

April 30th 1972 -

"What do you mean they hexed you?" Aria seethed, marching up and down in front of the couch the boys had pretty much claimed as their's over the course of the year as her eyes firmly held Peter's pale blue gaze as he sat across from her. 

"I just ran into them," Peter explained with a loud sigh. "There were too many of them, I expected a prank hex or something that was reversible, but they froze me and left me in the hallway until it finally wore off."

"Where did they even learn how to do that?" she snapped angrily, tugging harshly on her hair. "We haven't learned how to do that in any class yet. Forget that, are you alright?"

Her anger faded into worry as she scanned the small boy up and down as if she would find some sort of injury.

"I'm fine," he promised. "Maybe a bit bruised from hitting the floor painfully, but other than that, I'm perfectly okay, I promise."

"Give me one minute, and I'll be right back," she instructed, spinning on her heel to run up the stairs of the girl's dormitory.

A couple minutes she came back down, her cheeks slightly flushed, her breath ragged, as she handed the boy a white tub she was clutching close to her chest.

"Bruise paste," she explained. "Now, do you know who it was who decided to hex you, so I can go have a little conversation with them?"

"Oh there's no need," Peter squeaked, burying his face in his hands in mortification.

"I think there is," she growled out.

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

"Remind me how you got into detention again?" James asked as he scrubbed the trophies clean in detention that same evening alongside Remus and Sirius, the trio having gotten in trouble pulling a prank on Filch while Peter was stuck in his body bind.

The quartet were alone, Filch having run off the minute they'd shown up, muttering something or the other about his cat .

"Professor McGonagall caught me hexing Eliza Rosier and the Carrow twins," she rolled her eyes irritatedly, a heated expression in her eyes.

Sirius raised his eyebrows, "And just why were you, Miss I Don't Hex People for Zero Reason, doing hexing three Slytherins?" 

"They hexed Peter first," she snarled fiercely. "They just left him in a body bind in the middle of an alcove. They absolutely deserved it. I wanted to skin them alive, but McGonagall caught me before I could do any real damage."