nineteen; the hogsmeade pact

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

you know i'll be your life, your voice, your reason to be
my love, my heart is breathing for this
moment, in time
i'll find the words to say
- moments; one direction

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

October 31st, 1973 -

Visiting Hogsmeade was like a right of passage of sorts for Hogwarts students. For the third years, it was a chance at being given freedom and trust. They were allowed to wander a village without supervision, spend their money however they wanted, and were expected to take care of themselves. But it was also a place that many older years would talk about fondly, telling the younger students how the memories they'd make in Hogsmeade would never be forgotten.

It just so happened that the first Hogsmeade weekend of 1973 happened to be on Halloween, also known as three days before Sirius's birthday. The air was frosty and bitter, a strong wind and chill fighting the trees. But none of the third years cared very much, as they had their first trip to the village to look forward to.

Even Aria, with her hatred of the cold and love for sleep, dragged herself out of bed, throwing on a thick black coat over her Quidditch sweater. She rushed up the stairs to the boys's dorm, because she was informed of a prank planned on Sirius as an early birthday present. Opening the door, she saw a glaring Sirius jump up in bed as Peter chucked a bucket of syrup and feathers on his bed.

"Nice alarm clock Black," Aria grinned as she leaned on the doorframe of the dorm room, far away from all the mess, as she had no interest in changing her outfit again.

He ran a hand through his shaggy curls to try and get rid of feathers and spluttered, "You're standing there and didn't bother to warn me?"

"No idea what you're talking about. I think he's lost it Rem?"

Remus grinned, "He certainly has."

"So you're telling me that you had zero knowledge that I'd wake up and be covered in feathers. Not only that, but they're covered in syrup! Where did you even get feathers?"

"I found them in the forest, I think the fifth years recently had a lesson on Hippogriffs?" Peter said as if it was the most obvious thing.

"No it was the fourth years," Remus contradicted.

"But unfortunately, I collected them in a random bucket that just happened to have leftover syrup in it," he lamented, nodding in acknowledgement at Remus's correction.

"As if," he scoffed as he continued to try to remove the feathers from his hair, in reality creating a bigger mess as they began sticking to his bed and the floor as well. "What did I even do to deserve this?"