nineteen; goodbye year four

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

run me in circles like you always do
mess with me on purpose, so i'll hang on to you
i know what you mean when you act like that
but you don't know it's breaking my heart
said that it was just never gonna happen
then almost kissed me in the dark
every time we talk, it just hurts so bad
'cause I don't even know what we are
- that way; tate mcrae

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

June 20th, 1975 -

"You're coming with me to the party tonight," Aria declared, throwing her bag on the table and sliding into the open seat. 

Regulus looked up from his book, "Me?"

Aria rolled her eyes, "No the other idiot sitting at this table."

"You want me to go to a party with you?" he asked skeptically, raising an eyebrow. "That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, me, a Slytherin, at a Gryffindor party with my estranged brother." 

"It's not a Gryffindor party, it's the end of the year party for all houses. Cissa will be there, everyone will be there. I'll make sure Sirius behaves."

Regulus scowled lightly, "Are you sure you're not bringing me there to get back at my darling brother for bringing Rosier to your birthday."

Aria punched his shoulder lightly, "That is a pleasant bonus, I'm bringing you because you need to get out more Reg, have more fun. You only get seven years in this castle, away from reality."

"Seven years is quite a while Ari," he retorted dryly. 

"Not really," Aria shrugged. "Tomorrow's the last day of my fourth year. It feels like just yesterday was day one and now I'm more than halfway out of here. I have to take OWLs next year, I can't fathom it. You baby Black, need to have some fun. You were at my birthday party for a solid five seconds before you left. Cissa tells me you don't even attend the Slytherin Quidditch parties, and you're on the bloody team. Mummy and daddy won't get mad if you attend one little party, and if they do, I'll send dear old Burga a Howler myself."

"I would give you my trust vault to see that," Regulus snorted. "I'll be there then I suppose."

"I'll expect you to be outside Gryffindor Tower at seven then," she grinned, picking up her bag, swinging it over her shoulder. 

"Picking you up?" Regulus furrowed his brow.

"Of course," Aria smiled teasingly, bumping the seat with her hip. "It's only proper etiquette you escort your date to a party, is it not?"

"Date?!" Regulus yelped. "Who said anything about a date?"

"I'm just teasing Reg," Aria assured him. "Just be at the abandoned classroom on the fifth floor by seven, and I'll meet you there."