seven; back in the summer of '72

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

summer's filled with breaking rules,
standing apart,
ignoring your head,
and following your heart
- summer heart; unknown

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

June 23rd, 1972 -

"You're coming over for a week right?" Alice checked anxiously as the girls clambered aboard a carriage down to the Hogwarts Express, dragging their trunks behind them. 

The term came to an end with exams and Slytherin winning the House Cup, which was honestly unsurprising considering the sheer number of pranksters in Gryffindor and the fact that they flattened everyone in Quidditch. And despite how much Peter moaned about how he failed exams, he most definitely passed far from worst in the class, in fact all eight Gryffindor first years did exceptionally well in their strongest subjects. 

"The first week of July, my parents owled yours," Aria nodded. 

"Mum's already owled your mum that I'm coming," Marlene added. 

"Er, my parents aren't very sure on how to contact yours," Lily coughed slightly, her cheeks tinged pink. "But they said I could go."

"Excellent," Alice grinned. "I'm super excited."

"Mum volunteered to invite us over next year already," Marlene added on with a matching grin. 

"Third year can be at mine then," Aria giggled lightly. "Mum shouldn't mind, it can't be worse than having James and Sirius in the house at the same time."

"Oh right, he spent time with you over Christmas didn't he?" Marlene questioned.

She smiled softly as her mind drifted back to the past Christmas, "Yes, it was wonderful."

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

"Take care Rem," Aria fussed worriedly, brushing the hair out of his eyes. "Don't forget to write to me, and if you need anything ever write me or floo at once."

"Ari," he interrupted, pulling her hand away from his face and interlocking their fingers. "You're worrying too much. I promise I'll write, after everything you've done for me this year, it's only fair I write."

"I'll always worry," she huffed slightly, a smile on her face. "Can you blame me? With the four of you boys running around like maniacs, I'll probably only have grey hair by the time I'm twenty."

Before Remus could retort, the pair were interrupted by a soft voice calling out his name.

Remus turned, his eyes widening as he saw his mother standing on the platform, a soft smile on her face as she watched the pair. It was clear Remus got most of his looks from his mother, the same honey colored eyes and face shape, the only similarity he had to his father was the sandy brown hair coloring.