thirty; the potter family garden

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

on days when, it feels like the whole world might cave in
stand side by side, and you'll make it
she's the best thing that you'll ever have
she'll love you, if you love her like that
- if you love her; forest blakk

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

June 24th, 1974 -

The Potter family was incredibly close. The bond they shared was one that was incredibly special and nothing could even crack the surface of it. Family above all was what several generations of Potters had been taught, and it was clear the youngest Potters emulated that wholeheartedly. 

But it was small things that they did for each other that were the most beautiful. It was the garden Fleamont planted for Euphemia or the tea James would bring his mother every night. There were treats Euphemia made her son, always his favorites, or the stories Aria would read to Fleamont from the newspaper every morning. It was the way they'd spend every meal laughing or the way James would make sure Aria was never crying. The advice that Aria would give her brother, the husband-wife talks, the list goes on and on. Needless to say, there were several incredibly special parts of the Potter family's days that they each cherished incredibly. 

Summers at Potter Manor were always memorable. The days were long and spent playing Quidditch or pranks or running into town for absolutely no reason. It was chaotic and crazy,  but to the Potter twins, it was perfect, it was home. 

The mornings were often the most difficult part of the day, because after over fourteen years together, James still hadn't learned that his sister would not be forced to get up.

"Ariii," James sang. "Do get up my dear sister."

Aria only grumbled in response, tightening her hold on the blanket as she anticipated James pulling them off. 

"Come on, it's already past nine."

"Fine," she whined, slowly sitting up and running a hand through the knotted black waves. "But if it's a minute before nine, I'll hex you into oblivion."

"Uh uh, no magic outside of school," he chided.

"It's only a guideline," she pointed out. "They can't even tell past the wards on this place. Besides I could always use mum's wand or dad's."

"You wouldn't," he gasped dramatically.

"I would if you ruin my precious sleep," she fiercely retorted.

Aria shoved her brother out of her room, before finally staggering her way downstairs ten minutes later, straight to the coffee pot where she found and poured an incredibly large mug.