two; regulus black, the cynical poet

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

you drew stars around my scars,
but now i'm bleedin'
- cardigan; taylor swift

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

September 1st, 1974 -

"I need the cloak," Aria told James while they were making their way up to the dorms their first night back.

"Why?" he asked.

"I'm not telling you, but I promise it won't end up being used on a prank on you or anything like that."

"Fine, it's in my trunk, just go up and take it," he relented.

Aria smiled widely, thanked her brother with a kiss on his cheek, which he pulled a face at, and made her way into the boys' dorm, wrapping the silverly cloak around her frame, and made her way up to the astronomy tower. She carefully tucked the cloak under her jacket to hide it before pushing the door open to reach the balcony area. The cold air hit her, as she wrapped the jacket tighter around herself, and the railings were still sprinkled with droplets of water from the earlier rain. Regulus was already standing there leaning against the cold railing when she made her way to stand near him. She leaned her back to the railing, not bothering about the droplets clinging to her shirt. If his owl demanding her to talk to him on the tower the first night back wasn't concerning enough, one glance at him made her realize something was wrong with him, his hunched frame was far from the usual stiff, perfect posture that he had, the natural grace of a prominent pureblood prevalent. She stared determinedly at the wall, waiting for him to slowly open up a bit. 

"Stars are supposed to be the light amongst the darkness, aren't they?" Regulus questioned.

She hummed in agreement before the boy continued.

"Yet there's all this darkness and all the stars are fading into it. Bellatrix is the twenty sixth brightest star, yet it's already been consumed by the darkness, it's only a matter of time the rest follow. 

"What's this about?"

"Bellatrix joined him this summer. His mark is burned into her skin, and everyone's proud of her. Proud of her getting the mark of a madman burned into her flesh. The twenty sixth brightest star was proud to be enveloped by the darkness, the twenty first will be forced into it, and the first will escape from it."

"He's a real threat then?"

"He's been building an army, waiting to strike until he gains a solid base for years. But he's now clearly enough of a threat that a Black would dedicate her time to him. Granted she's not a Black anymore, but point is he's starting to attack, and it isn't going to be pretty."