twenty three; pumpkin pasties, hair cuts, and halloween

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

 ══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

'cause all i know is we said, "hello"
and your eyes look like comin' home
all i know is a simple name and everything has changed
all i know is you held the door, you'll be mine and i'll be yours 
all i know since yesterday is everything has changed 
- everything has changed; taylor swift

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

October 28th, 1975 -

"Aren't you supposed to be discouraging a party as a Prefect?" Aria asked Remus, a teasing smile on her face.

Remus shrugged lightly, staring at the three boys across the room who were eagerly planning in conspirators whispers, a fond look on his face. He never understood how he could end up with such wonderful friends, something he to this day was forever grateful for. When he entered Hogwarts, he never anticipated finding friends, let alone a family. How fortunate was he to be a Gryffindor in this class, because without that fact, he wouldn't have found the best people in his life. 

James, always making sure Remus was okay, slipping him Galleons when he thought the werewolf wasn't looking. Sirius who was willing to go to war for him, spending time in detention for hexing Avery just for suggesting Remus's robes were shabby. Peter who would make sure Remus was eating when he'd lock himself up in the dorm the days leading up to the full moon. Aria, with her bright smile and caring nature, always there to put him first, there after every full moon since the day she found out, so fiercely protective. And even the other girls, who didn't know his secret, but who showed him eternal kindness. 

"I'll leave that up to Lily," he responded, placing his mug of hot chocolate down as Aria leaned on his shoulder.

Aria's smile grew wry, "I'm sure she'll be thrilled about that."

"It's a harmless party, at least they're not planning on setting the castle on fire."

"You know you'd be right with them if that happened."

"And you'd be chasing us, sending off Aguamenti charms."

"Ari," Peter called interrupting their conversation, a bright smile on his face. "What do you think pumpkin pasties shaped like pumpkins?"

Aria let out a light laugh at his excitement, "I think that's a brilliant idea Pete, it's rather festive."

"I told you Ari would agree with me," he rounded on Sirius triumphantly. 

"Where are we going to find pumpkin shaped pasties?" the grey eyed boy demanded. 

"We make them," Aria grinned brightly.