three; you're my best friend

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

you came as a ray of light,
made my life cheerful and bright,
showering your affection over me,
so that my face was full of glee.
- care and happiness; unknown

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

November 3rd, 1971 -

Aria was incredibly worried for Remus. He had spent several days in the hospital wing the past few months, and once again he'd gone up, saying he had an upset stomach the previous night. Incredibly worried for her friend, she skipped breakfast, instead choosing to rush up to the hospital wing. 

"Please Madam Pomfrey," she begged the matron, tugging on her dark locks in frustration. "I'm worried about him, he's my best friend."

The woman smiled kindly, but nonetheless shook her head, "I'm sorry Miss Potter, but Mr. Lupin isn't taking visitors currently. You ought to get to breakfast, he'll be alright later today."

"But Madam Pomfrey, I know," she sighed, hoping the woman would finally cave in. 

Her eyebrows raised sharply, "Know what my dear?"

"He has lycanthropy doesn't he?" she stated matter of factly. "He hasn't told me, but I recognize the signs."

"Madam Pomfrey," Remus's hoarse voice croaked from behind the curtain. "Let me talk to her."

"Very well," she sighed resignedly. "You have five minutes Miss Potter, no more."

"Oh thank you," she grinned, nearly flinging herself onto the woman as she skipped over to Remus's bedside, freezing slightly as her eyes raked the broken and bloody form of her best friend. 

"It's okay, we can stop being friends," he began rambling. "No one was supposed to know, I'll have to leave now."

Aria didn't hear him though as she took in his appearance, tears welling up in her eyes as she fought back the urge to sweep him into a hug. Instead, she moved to brush the sandy brown hair out of his eyes like she'd done so many times before.  

He immediately flinched away and drew back with a sharp exclamation, "How could you touch me? I'll hurt you!"

Aria reached out and brushed his hair out of the way again ignoring his vehement protests, "Oh Remus," she sighed softly. "You're not going to leave. I promise I won't tell anyone and I'll be waiting here for you every morning after the moon."

He stopped swatting her hand to gape at her, gasping out, "You're not afraid?"

"Why would I be afraid of you?" she smiled kindly.