eleven; baboons, brothers & broken noses

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

light pink sky up on the roof
sun sinks down, no curfew
twenty questions, we tell the truth
you've been stressed out lately? yeah me too
something gave you the nerve to touch my hand
it's nice to have a friend
- it's nice to have a friend, taylor swift

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

October 8th, 1972 -

Most people would scorn the idea of spending a sunny October afternoon cooped up in the library, but Aria had little to no problem when Lily asked her to accompany her. Aria loved the Hogwarts library. More than the thousands of intriguing books and the information they held, she loved the magic hidden within the library. 

It was different than what she was used to, Lily would always study with Snape, and she'd always study with Remus, but she didn't mind being curled up in a chair reading a book she nicked from Alice while Lily was hunched over the coffee table, furiously scribbling a Herbology essay.

Aria tucked a piece of hair that kept falling out of her messy knot behind her ear and looked at her friend. She had sat back up, slamming her head into the back of her chair, and was chewing her lip furiously.

"Everything okay Lils?"

"Hmm ya, I still need two more inches," she sighed, gathering her red hair back into a messy ponytail.

"Is this the Mandrakes essay?"

Lily nodded and glanced around the library, desperately trying to search and collect her thoughts. "I'm going to go find a spare Herbology textbook, I left mine in the dorm."

 Aria nodded absentmindedly and returned to her book, before she was interrupted by a clear of a throat. 

"What brings the wonderful Narcissa and Regulus Black to my lonely little corner?" she grinned teasingly. 

"Ha ha Ari," Narcissa joked sarcastically, sliding herself in Lily's vacated seat, Regulus sitting next to her. "I just wanted to come and say hello."

The black haired girl studied her friend, "Has Malfoy been leaving you alone?"

"Yes, you wouldn't know about the mysterious person who's been hexing him would you?" she asked seriously, though her twitching lips betrayed her amusement.

"Of course not, if he happened to sprout pig ears earlier today, I'd applaud the person who did so, because he's truly a pig," Aria raised a shoulder innocently. 

"Why are you hexing Lucius?" Regulus blinked confusedly, looking worriedly over his older cousin. "He hasn't hurt you has he?"

"No, he's just a pain in my arse," she grumbled, her usual refined speech thrown out the window, surprising Regulus greatly.