twenty three; professor lupin, hogsmeade trips & quidditch championships

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

time, curious time
gave me no compasses, gave me no signs
were there clues I didn't see?
Aad isn't it just so pretty to think
all along there was some
invisible string
tying you to me?
- invisible string; taylor swift

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

January 20th, 1974 -

"We're so stupid aren't we?" Lily giggled, as she and Aria walked around the following day, leaning against the wall outside the Gryffindor common room.

"We all are idiots," Marlene declared, appearing behind the pair. 

Lily let out a yelp and gripped Aria's arm tightly when she stumbled backwards, "How long have you been standing there Marls?" 

"Like five seconds," the blonde raised an eyebrow. "Why did I miss some juicy gossip?"

"No," Aria laughed. "Where is Alice?"

"Greenhouses," Marlene said. "She's working on something with Frank. Her little protégé."

"Isn't he older than her?" Lily asked.

"Yes but little ice cream lover is brilliant with plants."

"And Frank is terrible at Herbology," Marlene deadpanned.

"I was trying to not be rude!"

"I unlike you don't care," the blonde retorted, flashing the girl a wry smile.

Aria only elbowed her side in return, "It wouldn't kill to be nice sometimes."

"Oh yes it would," she replied fiercely.

"It really wouldn't," Lily sighed.

"Hmph," Marlene glared at the pair. "This is unfair, it's two against one. I'm leaving!"

She turned her nose up in the air and whipped around furiously, making sure to glare at the pair dramatically over her shoulder before she left the common room entrance, likely to go find Alice. This had the opposite of the desired effect as the pair broke out into infectious, uncontrollable giggles for several minutes.

"Are you alright?" Remus asked as the four boys strutted down the hallway, Peter squeaking out the password as the six all slipped through the door. 

"Perfect," Lily wheezed.

"What are you laughing about?" Peter asked.

"Yeah you laugh less after pranks," Sirius said as he flopped down on the seat next to Aria, propping his feet into her lap.