twenty four; hippogriff dung & house elves

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

when enemies are at your door
i'll carry you way from war
if you need help, if you need help
your hope dangling by a string
i'll share in your suffering
- gone gone gone; phillip phillips

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

February 9th, 1974 -

"Forget it Lily I'm useless," Peter shook his head hopelessly.

"No you're not, that's why I'm helping you," she said encouragingly. "Besides at least you're trying."

"I'll have you know, I'm getting lots done," James scoffed.

Remus peeked over his shoulder at his essay, "I didn't know it takes an hour to write James Potter on your parchment."

"Be nice Remus," Marlene chided. "He struggles with his spelling. I'll have you know James is very difficult to spell."

"Oh if that's the case, then it's lucky he didn't try writing his middle name out," the sandy haired boy snickered.

"Even Sirius is getting work done," Alice giggled. "Get it together Potter."

"You lot are bullies!" James protested. "Plus, he's only doing work because Ari is literally forcing his nose in that book."

The boy looked up from his Potions book, "What? She's scary!" 

Aria whacked his head with a roll of parchment, "Focus Black! We all know I'm incredibly terrifying."

"I think he's just whipped," Remus muttered in Marlene's ear.

"Definitely," the blonde snickered. 

"I have no clue how you lot pass exams, you get distracted so easily," Lily complained.

"I pass because you drag us to the library at least ten times a day."

"I pass because the practicals are easy," James shrugged.

"I don't pass," Peter deadpanned.

"You and Lils are the only two people who get O's in history," Alice pointed out. 

"I still don't know how someone could do that?" Sirius sighed.

"Don't sleep in class?" Remus supplied.

"Nah," Peter shook his head. "I just sprout nonsense and get O's somehow."

"So Lils is the only one who actually pays attention?" Marlene asked to receive several nods. "And why won't they get us a new teacher?"