ten; the second oath - james potter, sirius black & peter pettigrew

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

everyone has secrets.
some are sad, some are hilarious, some are scandalous.
most are just mundane.
when you love someone who loves you,
secrets are not a problem.
- everyone has secrets; unknown

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

September 22nd, 1972 -

"You ought to be getting rest not waking up at the crack of dawn," Aria reprimanded Remus as the boy trooped down the stairs sluggishly after his sprinting roommates.

"Can't," he yawned loudly. "Promised James that I'd come to tryouts. And I want to be there for you too."

"Remus, James'll understand."

"I promised," he countered stubbornly. "I'll be fine, I promise. I'm not even that tired."

"Don't lie to me Remus Lupin," she spoke quietly, but sharply. 

"Ari I'm fine," he growled irritatedly. "I can take care of myself."

"I know you can, that doesn't stop me from worrying," she responded softly. "Let's go then, yeah? Be ready for James's ego to inflate more."

"Is he really that good?" he laughed incredulously, looping their arms together as they walked down for breakfast.

"The two of us could fly before we could walk and talk," Aria snorted. "Dad's a bit mental."

"Ari, I'm sorry for snapping at you," he mumbled shyly. "I know you're only trying to look out for me."

"Oh Rem, I look out for all you boys, goodness knows someone needs to. You're just my favorite."

"I'm totally telling the others that," he grinned wickedly.

"Oh Merlin no, they'll murder me," she groaned loudly.

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════ 

The sun was peeking out from behind clouds and there was a slight cool breeze rippling the flags on the pitch. An incredibly excited James, who was practically bouncing, dragged his sister behind them as they made their way down from breakfast, the rest of their friends trailing further behind them leisurely as they decided to come out and support them.