thirteen; stolen potter family heirlooms & set off dungbombs

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

the sound of wind is whispering in your head
can you feel it coming back?
through the warmth, through the cold, till we're there
we're coming home, we're coming home now
- home; dotan

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

January 5th, 1975 -

"I don't understand why you're still friends with him," Aria scoffed as she approached Lily, carefully watching as the redhead stared down Snape from across the platform. 

The girl frowned slightly, "Well he doesn't really have any other friends," she began carefully. "And I don't want years of friendship to fall apart over something so trivial."

Personally, in Aria's opinion, that friendship had been crumbling for years now, and it was only a matter of time before it came to a messy end, but she held her tongue. 

"Anyways," she shook her head slightly, changing the topic. "Are you ready to board the train?"

"Have you said bye to your parents then?" Lily checked.

Aria nodded and chuckled slightly, "I think they were happy to get rid of us."

"Anyone would be with the antics you and your brother get up to."

"We aren't that bad!" she protested indignantly only to receive a skeptical look in response. 

"Tell me how many pranks did you pull over the holidays?"

"Let's see. James set the kitchen on fire-"

"Wait what? How did that happen?" the redhead cut in, looping their arms as they made their way onto the train.

"He claimed he was trying to cook, but somehow he managed to burn water, don't ask, he's just awful at cooking. I hexed James's hair off at least twice and set off Dungbombs in his room. He dyed everything in my room bright green. I spilled his deepest secret to our parents and we argued over how good looking he is, he admitted he wanted to snog Regulus Black-"

Lily paused, and Aria was certain if she was drinking something it would have been spit out, "Ok ok that's enough! You're only proving my point that you are walking trouble."

"You love me anyways," Aria grinned, poking out her tongue teasingly.

Lily sighed exasperatedly, before speaking fondly, "Yeah, yeah I suppose I do."

Aria kicked open to the door of their usual compartment where Alice and Marlene were already waiting. As soon as the four finished exchanging greetings, Alice asked a question Aria was dreading, knowing she would be teased mercilessly.