thirty one; the arrival of sirius black & slytherin catch ups

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

yeah, when my world is falling apart
when there's no light to break up the dark
that's when i, i, i look at you
- when i look at you; miley cyrus

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

August 1st, 1974 -

The month of July flew by quickly and soon enough the Potters were awaiting the arrival of Sirius. From what Regulus had told her in a couple very brief letters, Sirius was absolutely defeated and deflated from creating a ruckus all summer. She could only hope that the boy would be in decent shape when he showed up at Potter Manor, unfortunately that only remained a hope. Sirius looked fine, tired but he looked okay, as Euphemia crushed him in a tight hug. And that's when Aria noticed his winces that continued when Fleamont and James hugged him.

"I'll show him to his room," she offered.

She didn't even bother waiting for a response as she grabbed the boy's trunk and gestured for him to follow her. They made their way to Sirius's standard room from the past two summers spent at the Potter home in silence. Once the door was locked Aria threw down the trunk and turned to the boy.

"You're hurt," she said.

It was far from a question, but it wasn't a concrete fact either. It was a statement floating in air, easy for interpretation. She didn't want to ask questions or make assumptions, she was very careful to let Sirius do the talking when he was ready. It was a sensitive topic, but more importantly it was his story to tell on his own accord, she refused to force him to tell her, the same way she dealt with Remus's lycanthropy.

"I'm not-"

"You don't have to tell me how you're hurt, just let me help you," she pleaded.

Sirius relented and pulled off his jacket and shirt, revealing the still raw scars across his back. Aria only froze for a second before disappearing into her healing potions and salves stash, courtesy of her healer mother, that she had left in the room before he had arrived.

"How did you know you would need to heal me?" 

"I'm not stupid. It's rather obvious, but it was your story to tell."

She worked in silence for several minutes, cleaning the blood gently and rubbing the salve over the wounds to let them heal properly. 

"They'll get infected if you don't let someone heal them properly," she gently stated. "I'm not going to ask about what you did or what happened, but next time it happens please come to me."

His voice shook as he spoke quietly, "I was four the first time."

He paused speaking, but Aria held her tongue as she sat down next to him.